So we aren’t done with the list of partners. Aston Villa now join the club. Sorry, terrible pun, I’m really tired. It does explain why they were playing early though.
As with the Previous announcements they will:
- Be hosting various club events and experiences.
- Have an Aston Villa-specific FIFA 12 game sleeve featuring three star players, which fans will be able to download for free from the Club website around the launch of FIFA 12.
- Have content produced in the lead-up to key matches, which will be featured on the club website and social media channels.
- Have selected FIFA 12 match simulations and stylised video edits featuring Villa players, and will be calling out to fans to play FIFA 12 and score goals for their Club against the opposition teams.
- Have the EA SPORTS gaming trailer attend selected match days over the course of the season at Villa Park, so fans can try out the FIFA 12 and challenge their friends and family.
- Have a Pro Player Tournament at the training ground to determine which Aston Villa player is the best FIFA 12 gamer.
Nick Harford, Fooball Business Lead at EA SPORTS said: “We are very excited about our new partnership with Aston Villa and very much look forward to providing FIFA gaming experiences for both fans at Villa Park and players at the Bodymoor Heath training ground.”
Aston Villa’s Chief Executive, Paul Faulkner said: “We are delighted to partner with EA SPORTS for the next two seasons. EA SPORTS leads the way in terms of sporting games, especially football, and I’m sure many of our fans will have played and enjoyed its FIFA games.
“I have no doubt that the partnership will be mutually beneficial and we look forward to successful seasons working together.”
Thanks to Mak for the heads up in the comments section.