So we’ve been raining FIFA 13 content on you all morning and have a few more posts lined up, but it just keeps coming.
Thanks to a press release from EA this morning we’ve got a few more details including the run down of platforms the game will be released on, as well as some hints at what we can expect to hear about in the coming weeks/months and a little hint at the cover.
The press release notes the following:
- Improved Career Mode with major changes developed in response to requests from the most passionate fans of the franchise.
- New features to enhance the massive EA SPORTS FIFA online offering, including improvements to the wildly popular Head-To-Head Seasons mode
- Multiple new features and benefits to EA SPORTS Football Club, the live service that is the heartbeat of FIFA
- Complete authenticity with more than 500 officially licensed clubs.
- Additional new modes and features will be announced in the months ahead.
So that’s all pretty promising. The gameplay features we’ve posted today seem to have taken a fairly heavy influence from player feedback, so to see CM walking the same path is extremely heartening. “Major Changes” seems like a pretty bold statement, we hope that they live up to it.
“Multiple new features and benefits for EASFC” is an interesting one too, could be anything really although as some who plays a fair bit of FIFA on the go I’d like to see proper EASFC support for iOS. Maybe a centralised EA friendslist so that we don’t have to keep track of different people on different platforms?
No mentioned of UT just yet but given the fact that it’s made a shit tonne of money it’s safe to say that it’ll see some improvements.
“Additional new modes” is again a bit of a tease. Could it be something COMPLETELY new? Sounds like it, but I’m at a loss for what it might be.
As for platforms, FIFA 13 will be available for Xbox 360 (With Kinect Support), Playstation 3 (With Move Support), Playstation 2, Playstation Vita, PSP, PC, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS (no mention of DS), iPad, iPhone, iPod touch as well as “Other Mobile Platforms”.
That just leaves the cover. It’s not final, but it does featuring new signing Lionel Messi which was to be expected.