Great passers of the ball not rewarded in FIFA 09

Discussion about the offline side of the game, including Manager mode and Be a Pro.

Great passers of the ball not rewarded in FIFA 09

Postby Nanny » Wed May 06, 2009 9:59 am

Im making this topic with mainly Fabregas in mind, im a massive Arsenal fan and i feel that Fabregas is just crap, he is nothing like he is in real life and players such as him, De Rossi, Pirlo, Diego just aren't as effective as they are in real life. I think its because they are CM, not fast and rely on great passes which almost anyone can do with any player on assisted passing. Im struggling to get my point across but i just want to know why Fabregas isn't a superstar in FIFA 09?
Follow my Twitter: http://twitter.com/FSB_Nanny
Join FSB Facebook page: http://bit.ly/999O31
Nanny
International
International

PSN: Nanny_22

Re: Great passers of the ball not rewarded in FIFA 09

Postby Jfx » Wed May 06, 2009 1:39 pm

He is amazing when he's on form in Fifa, scored many wonder strikes with him, infact when the whole Arsenal team are on form they are all superstars.
LOL @ the poster who is offended by Gazza playing the flute.
Jfx
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Murkurial » Fri May 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Jfx wrote:He is amazing when he's on form in Fifa, scored many wonder strikes with him, infact when the whole Arsenal team are on form they are all superstars.

Does Cesc normally leave his mark on a game with amazing goals from distance or, like the OP said, with his ability to pull the strings? He's not talking about how when on form with ALS, Fabregas can run through an entire defense and fire one past the goalie.

I agree with you OP btw, and hopefully this is rectified in FIFA 10. Midfielders, unless they have speed, are useless. Now, if you wanna go the route of the cheesers and push up your pressure and aggression, then you'll have Paul Scholes outrunning players and playing like he did back in his CAM days, but as it stands if you wanna play realistically, players like Pirlo are useless.
Murkurial
Ballboy
Ballboy

Gamertag: MercSqd
PSN: Mercurial

Postby WILDSTER180774 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:04 am

EA have already stated in one of those videos (cant remember which) that theyu have worked on slowing the game down for Fifa10. If this is true then i think that will go some way to making the more skilful players, like little Cesc, more influential in the game. I hope so anyway. 8-)
"ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW.....THOMAS......RIGHT AT THE END"
WILDSTER180774
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: WILDSTER1974

Postby Nanny » Sun May 31, 2009 4:15 am

Yeah im really happy to hear this, i want great CM's to be rewarded and not just made into usain bolt to make them good players
Nanny
International
International

Postby Gari14 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:34 am

To be honest i think the 360 dribbling that has been added to Fifa 10 will make a huge, huge difference to this type of thing. Fingers crossed it does anyway as i agree with what you are saying 100%.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | NGB by buying from:
Help us by buying your games at hmv.com| iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Gari14
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Gari14
PSN: Gari14
Twitter: @gariclark

Postby kellmanx » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:32 pm

Gari14 wrote:To be honest i think the 360 dribbling that has been added to Fifa 10 will make a huge, huge difference to this type of thing. Fingers crossed it does anyway as i agree with what you are saying 100%.

Agree! With that players like Fabregas, Iniesta and Pirlo would be able to controll the ball better than most in tight spaces and release the ball with good vision. If the game slowes down and with more battles in midtfield I can see how a worldclass midtfielder can be of better use! Lets hope so ;)
Tony Adams - Take a bow son!
kellmanx
Mascot
Mascot

Gamertag: kellmanX
PSN: kellmanX

Postby Red Devil 89 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 pm

This comes down to player individuality and the lack of it in previous fifa games. It's something pes has prided itself on in the past but has also been sorely lacking on this gen. I agree players who love to probe like a Xavi, Scholes, Pirlo or Fabregas just aren't effective in the game. But Suff said on the podcast recently that they have more of a profound impact on the game now, players who love to have their players build up attacks with delicate passing can do it now, so fingers crossed it's as effective as hoped.
MUFC The Religion.
Red Devil 89
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: MrDazreth

Postby Jfx » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 pm

Dop you guys not feel great passes of the ball like Lampard, Beckham etc etc can pull off far better through balls than ya standard players? I find with someone like John O Shea i wont even bother attempting a through pass as i know 90% of the time it wont go where i want it too but Giggs or Ronaldo i have no problem attempting these kind of passes with and usually complete far more than i do give the ball away.
Jfx
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jamezinho » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:07 pm

Jfx wrote:Dop you guys not feel great passes of the ball like Lampard, Beckham etc etc can pull off far better through balls than ya standard players? I find with someone like John O Shea i wont even bother attempting a through pass as i know 90% of the time it wont go where i want it too but Giggs or Ronaldo i have no problem attempting these kind of passes with and usually complete far more than i do give the ball away.

I haven't really noticed, which tells me all I need to know about player individuality in Fifa. These players certainly don't stand out, that's for sure.
IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB | SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
Jamezinho
Youth Team
Youth Team

Gamertag: Jamezinho

Postby Jfx » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Strange that, as also I find Lampards, Gerrard, Kaka etc etc shooting from way outside the box far better than most players, do you mean they dont move the same way? If so we'l be lucky to ever see that.
Jfx
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby TJHUCKER » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:09 pm

I AGREE GREAT PASSERS ARE NOT REWARED IN FIFA.Thats why I'm going back to PES as It's looking hot.It's a bit like life.See my wife lol ( PES ) has been doing too much house work so I went and slept wid a girl I met in the bar lol ( FIFA ).My wife found out and now shes hotter than ever before. Thank you seabasss. I am really married
" Hoping for a decent football game "

" FIFA has grown but needs coach mode "
TJHUCKER
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Gamertag: TJ HUCKER
PSN: TJHUCKER

Postby Nanny » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:39 am

TJHUCKER wrote:I AGREE GREAT PASSERS ARE NOT REWARED IN FIFA.Thats why I'm going back to PES as It's looking hot.It's a bit like life.See my wife lol ( PES ) has been doing too much house work so I went and slept wid a girl I met in the bar lol ( FIFA ).My wife found out and now shes hotter than ever before. Thank you seabasss. I am really married

well i hope your wife doesn't read that ...

But after talking to Adam it seems that he shares the same view and that PES is the only game that can give us what we want in player individuality. Again this brings up how badly we wish we could take all the good things from both PES and FIFA and make a super football game
Nanny
International
International

Postby Murkurial » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:42 am

So you have to use your midfield more in FIFA 10 because fast strikers aren't really fast anymore, but those midfield players that you use aren't very effective at doing their jobs?

Fatigue has been "tweaked" but nobody knows how much, and based on Rutter's tone when answering that question it doesn't sound like it's been overhauled.

There is still the ability to "home-in" on players with the 1st and 2nd defender pressure buttons and shielding the ball still results in getting knocked on your ass by those very same pressure abusers?
Murkurial
Ballboy
Ballboy

Gamertag: MercSqd
PSN: Mercurial

Return to Offline