Hitman Discussion

Discuss all things gaming in the general discussion area.

Moderator: Asim

Hitman Discussion

Postby danny275 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Something I've just realised, after starting to play Hitman: Blood Money again, there's no Hitman thread here :shock:
Well there is now.

Discuss hitman-esque stuff in here.

New Hitman confirmed, as well as a new film

As we all know, movies only need to make money in order to warrant a sequel. Quality isn't a requirement.

...which is why a sequel to last year's "Hitman" film is still in the early stages, but at least it sets the stage for another game, which has a good chance of being great. According to Kotaku, the movie will act as a marketing tie-in with the next installment in the critically acclaimed franchise, and both are due out some time next year. Variety has reported that the movie "will contain story elements from 'Hitman 5,' a game due to be released 'in late 2010.'" For our part, we certainly like the idea of a new game; this is one series that has flourished despite some inevitable comparisons to other games that utilize stealth as a primary appeal. The movie wasn't really worth talking about but then again, what film based on a game is...? We always like to remain optimistic so we'll try to keep our hopes high for the movie, but we fully expect the game to deliver the goods in spades. In all honesty, we wouldn't care if the film disappeared and all we got was the game...how big of a tragedy would that really be?

Anyway, we'll be on the lookout for new Hitman news as time goes on, although with a "late 2010" estimate, we probably won't find very much for a little while.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5380.html
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Re: Hitman Discussion

Postby Ocelot » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Huge Hitman fan, delighted there is a new game coming, its well over due.
Hate the movie though and surprised they're making another.

Ave Maria at the start of Blood money, excellent games.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else is the greatest accomplishment.”
My Tribute to the Master!
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

PSN: MRigz

Postby danny275 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Ocelot wrote:Huge Hitman fan, delighted there is a new game coming, its well over due.
Hate the movie though and surprised they're making another.

Ave Maria at the start of Blood money, excellent games.

I liked the movie tbh

But, yeah a new game is long overdue.
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby Arsenalisti » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Just found this thread and had to post. First, Blood Money is by far one of the 10 best games ever produced! I love it for its numberless ways to play through every single mission. And the fact that you can complete a mission without using a gun makes even better.
I loved the white house and mardi gras missions. I remember throwing all my weapons over the fence first to get in the white house....brilliant. I think i'll give it a go tonight. :mrgreen:
Arsenalisti
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Ocelot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm

Arsenalisti wrote:Just found this thread and had to post. First, Blood Money is by far one of the 10 best games ever produced! I love it for its numberless ways to play through every single mission. And the fact that you can complete a mission without using a gun makes even better.
I loved the white house and mardi gras missions. I remember throwing all my weapons over the fence first to get in the white house....brilliant. I think i'll give it a go tonight. :mrgreen:

i completely feel the same, its such a crime that there is nothing else like it around now, never mind not even a next gen Hitman, i know its inevitable but still, i might actually go back and play Blood Money myself, or Contracts.
Such underrated games....
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else is the greatest accomplishment.”
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

Postby Arsenalisti » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Amen
Arsenalisti
Pundit
Pundit

Postby martyl2 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Arsenalisti wrote:Just found this thread and had to post. First, Blood Money is by far one of the 10 best games ever produced! I love it for its numberless ways to play through every single mission. And the fact that you can complete a mission without using a gun makes even better.

great game, only played hitman contracts myself. After hearing your short experience of blood money I may just purchase it... :)
PES 15....
martyl2
First Team
First Team

PSN: martyl2007

Postby Arsenalisti » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:31 pm

At martyl2:
For me its the best hitman available.
When you can jump over the 4 year graphics hurdle, you will have a great time.
Enjoy!
Arsenalisti
Pundit
Pundit

Postby martyl2 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:31 pm

Arsenalisti wrote:At martyl2:
For me its the best hitman available.
When you can jump over the 4 year graphics hurdle, you will have a great time.
Enjoy!

got it cheap off play.com :)
now just to purchase a laptop to play it on, currently borrowing my brothers mac as my laptop has pretty much served its time.
PES 15....
martyl2
First Team
First Team

PSN: martyl2007

Postby Ocelot » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Looking around today to see if i can find any news on a new one, man this game is very quiet, although i did find out that a game is Due next summer to coincide with the movie sequel, which im slightly worried about, but i also found out that
"both IO Interactive and Eidos are still slaving away on the franchise - albeit silently" from one site.

So hopefully this is the Next gen Hitman we have been waiting for.
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

Postby danny275 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Went to play Hitman 2 the other day and realised the PS3 slim doesn't have backwards compatibility :cry:

Was looking forward to the some of the class missions in it :(

Kirkov Park Meeting, Invitation to a Party, Basement Killing, St Petersburg Stakeout

Each one was a gem 8-)
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby Arsenalisti » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Yeah all great missions you mentioned, wish i would still own hitman 2.
Dont you own a ps2 anymore to play it on.
Arsenalisti
Pundit
Pundit

Postby danny275 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 am

Arsenalisti wrote:Yeah all great missions you mentioned, wish i would still own hitman 2.
Dont you own a ps2 anymore to play it on.

I do but i've nowhere to put it (My room is tiny)
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby Ocelot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:28 am

I have Contracts and Blood Money, and i cant even play them.
Oh how i would love to sit back and spend a day going thru those classic levels. planning how to do it etc..... Why the hell isnt there anything else like this around, its ridiculous.
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

Postby danny275 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:30 am

Ocelot wrote:I have Contracts and Blood Money, and i cant even play them.
Oh how i would love to sit back and spend a day going thru those classic levels. planning how to do it etc..... Why the hell isnt there anything else like this around, its ridiculous.

Same here, I have the 3 of them :cry:
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby Arsenalisti » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:37 am

Its a shame.... :cry: :x
At least Heavy Rain next month.
Arsenalisti
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Ocelot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:40 am

Arsenalisti wrote:

Its a shame.... :cry: :x
At least Heavy Rain next month.

I know and i cant wait.
Still, nothing more enjoyable and satisfying than planning out a mission in Hitman, make some mistakes, learn from them, complete mission. Then, if you want, go back and try it another way. Gaming paradise.
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

Postby Arsenalisti » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:51 am

True!
I don't know if to cry or beeing glad about it. :) :cry: :?
Arsenalisti
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Ocelot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:56 am

Arsenalisti wrote:True!

You get to play it so you dont get tu cry, in fact, get out, go on, and never come back.....
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

Postby Arsenalisti » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:11 am

Ocelot wrote:
Arsenalisti wrote:True!

You get to play it so you dont get tu cry, in fact, get out, go on, and never come back.....

I'll do with next Hitman. Ive milked current hitman to much already, i know every single way to play through every mission.
So, cup of tea and patiently waiting...
Arsenalisti
Pundit
Pundit

Next

Return to General Discussion