Pro Evo Thread

Discuss all things gaming in the general discussion area.

Moderator: Asim

Re: Pro Evo Thread

Postby Arsenalisti » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:02 am

I am quite pleased with announcement, although i find it rather difficult to get a good idea of how the game will be from an announcement in text form. I always see it more as things they aim to achieve and it's up to us to find out if that's the case once the game is released.

Pretty happy with the pics though, they kinda look fresh to me. Could well be due to the fact i skipped pes 2013, but nevertheless i find they look good enough.

Hopefully whoever decided that league mode is not needed last year is sacked by now.
Arsenalisti
Pundit
Pundit

Postby danny275 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Apparently not much happening at the yoke tonight, according to _anderson?

They really don't help themselves at times, do they?
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby martyl2 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:28 pm

It's got to the point were very little from what Konami says has substance until I see it in action and play it. Sure they have a new engine etc this year, years experience of disappointment after boarding the hype train has taught many a harsh lesson.
PES 15....
martyl2
First Team
First Team

PSN: martyl2007

Postby ShadyKnight » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:46 pm

danny275 wrote:Apparently not much happening at the yoke tonight, according to _anderson?

It's turning into another dog's dinner of a pre-release run-up same as previous years.

Anyone get the impression the Fox engine (or aspects of the Fox engine :) ) are in poor hands? It's like giving someone the keys to an Aston Martin and they can barely keep a Ford Fiesta on the road. :lol:
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member

Postby nobleknight91 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:57 pm

ShadyKnight wrote:
danny275 wrote:Apparently not much happening at the yoke tonight, according to _anderson?

It's turning into another dog's dinner of a pre-release run-up same as previous years.

Anyone get the impression the Fox engine (or aspects of the Fox engine :) ) are in poor hands? It's like giving someone the keys to an Aston Martin and they can barely keep a Ford Fiesta on the road. :lol:

true....Is that's how they are going to release continuous info ?! by going slow motion :lol:
Just Living So I Can Die Smiling .....I'm The Man Who Can't Be Moved

check my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNobleknight91?feature=mhee
nobleknight91
International
International

PSN: nobleknight91
Twitter: @NobleKnight91

Postby DA77EN » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Waist of time... space... and thought! :twisted:
I know nothing more than I already did.
FIGHTINGELEVEN (Gameplay Is Fundamental)
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

PSN: DA77EN
Twitter: @iAmDa77en

Postby Bravez » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:05 am

Why can't they just show a 2 min video using pure gameplay whilst highlighting the new features? It's not rocket science and if the game is as good as they say then it will have the desired effect.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: King Bravez
PSN: BRAVEZ

Postby danny275 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Bravez wrote:Why can't they just show a 2 min video using pure gameplay whilst highlighting the new features? It's not rocket science and if the game is as good as they say then it will have the desired effect.

It seems to be rocket science to Konami :?
danny275
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby Bravez » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:14 pm

danny275 wrote:
Bravez wrote:Why can't they just show a 2 min video using pure gameplay whilst highlighting the new features? It's not rocket science and if the game is as good as they say then it will have the desired effect.

It seems to be rocket science to Konami :?

Yup, I wonder how the conversations go.

"shall we release a video of a champions league/copa lib final, atmosphere in full effect, a piece of play which demonstrates all the new features brilliantly then show the emotion on the player's face after celebrating?"

"Nope, i think we should show some black and white video from a dev version. That'll whet the appetite won't it?"

"good point, the fans love shaky cam footage anyway"
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Postby DA77EN » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Having a day to digest yesterday's show, I think I may of expected a bit to much for a Pre E3 show TBH. E3 will hopefully be the time to see exactly what Konami have for us. I may of just got cought up in all the hype that surrounded yesterday.
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Bravez » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:44 pm

DA77EN wrote:Having a day to digest yesterday's show, I think I may of expected a bit to much for a Pre E3 show TBH. E3 will hopefully be the time to see exactly what Konami have for us. I may of just got cought up in all the hype that surrounded yesterday.

I'm worried that it has the same old hallmarks though. Huge hype then (even when it's good stuff) not living up to the billing.

I desperately hope an E3 video will change that, did someone say it's on Monday in GD?
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Postby DA77EN » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Bravez wrote:
DA77EN wrote:Having a day to digest yesterday's show, I think I may of expected a bit to much for a Pre E3 show TBH. E3 will hopefully be the time to see exactly what Konami have for us. I may of just got cought up in all the hype that surrounded yesterday.

I'm worried that it has the same old hallmarks though. Huge hype then (even when it's good stuff) not living up to the billing.

I desperately hope an E3 video will change that, did someone say it's on Monday in GD?

Yeah I know what your saying mate, I did feel exited about Pro but now its taken a turn for the worse and now feel nervers for the game.
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Bravez » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm not that worried about it. I still play PES2013 and I'm sure they will have improved on that a huge amount. I was hopeful though, that silly decision making etc would be a thing of the past and we wouldn't have to deal with Konami "quirks" in the new game. I'm not sure that'll be the case though.

Unless this game does blow everyone away, they need to reduce the hype for forthcoming titles. When people expect a certain level, they're much quicker to judge, be disappointed and moan. If they're pleasantly surprised, the exact same release can have a very different effect.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Postby ShadyKnight » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Bravez wrote:I'm not that worried about it. I still play PES2013 and I'm sure they will have improved on that a huge amount. I was hopeful though, that silly decision making etc would be a thing of the past and we wouldn't have to deal with Konami "quirks" in the new game. I'm not sure that'll be the case though.

Unless this game does blow everyone away, they need to reduce the hype for forthcoming titles. When people expect a certain level, they're much quicker to judge, be disappointed and moan. If they're pleasantly surprised, the exact same release can have a very different effect.

Exactly. Telling their employees to take it easy on Twitter and various sites when hyping up the game might be the best thing to do. Of course, don't talk it down, but equally don't make promises you have no intention of fulfilling. Or unless they don't give a crap, and know people'll forget last years hype and broken promises when the time comes for the current years game to be built-up. In that case, shame on us for having such short memories.
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member

Postby Bravez » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:42 pm

ShadyKnight wrote:
Bravez wrote:I'm not that worried about it. I still play PES2013 and I'm sure they will have improved on that a huge amount. I was hopeful though, that silly decision making etc would be a thing of the past and we wouldn't have to deal with Konami "quirks" in the new game. I'm not sure that'll be the case though.

Exactly. Telling their employees to take it easy on Twitter and various sites when hyping up the game might be the best thing to do. Of course, don't talk it down, but equally don't make promises you have no intention of fulfilling. Or unless they don't give a crap, and know people'll forget last years hype and broken promises when the time comes for the current years game to be built-up. In that case, shame on us for having such short memories.

I do think people are guilty of this as well. The last couple of years I've tapered my expectations massively.

Having said that, we shouldn't be force to take everything they say with a pinch of salt.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Postby DA77EN » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:52 pm

So true, and that's what I always say. It's like anything that's hyped e.g films, friends will tell me this/that film is amazing, ill watch and think :| it was okay.

This year was a different year to any other that its been rebuilt using part of the fox and apparently 4 years in the making, so automatically you can't help but to expect high.

Time will tell I suppose.
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Postby moeom » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Here's another thing to, for example when you say 4 years in the making, surely they dont mean 4 years for the PES2014. Its more to do with the game taking a 4 year cycle to get to this point. As I mentioned in the mean PES Thread, this cycle started back in PES 2011/2012. One could see that the quality of the game started to rise and there's no denying that what they have created/learned in that process will be implemented into this years game. I myself feel confident, specially after the game that they put out last year. For all the complaints one reads, they have never shaken my belief in Konami bringing out a top football game. At least for me, last year was already superior football 'experience'.
Long time member, part time poster, full time lurker.
moeom
International
International

PSN: BigMoMo101
Twitter: @Moe_Sakr

Postby DA77EN » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Every little pic that comes out people are getting hard ones and TBO it doesn't look that much different to last year.

I can't be the only one that thinks that there's not that much of a BIG difference. :roll:
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Postby ShadyKnight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 pm

DA77EN wrote:Every little pic that comes out people are getting hard ones and TBO it doesn't look that much different to last year.

I can't be the only one that thinks that there's not that much of a BIG difference. :roll:

Interesting pics. Wouldn't say I'm looking at any radically different from a visual perspective at least.
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member

Postby Bravez » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:05 pm

DA77EN wrote:Every little pic that comes out people are getting hard ones and TBO it doesn't look that much different to last year.

I have to disagree with you here. The screens look very very promising to me.

Having said that, it means nothing if it doesn't play well. As always, I will reserve full judgment until i've played it.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion