General Chat

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: General Chat

Postby Thommohawk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:28 pm

Doesn't matter how you slice it and try to dance around it, the fact is it is STILL dropping frames.

The fact it's not 30 fps locked OR 20 fps locked means it is therefore not a locked frame rate. For it to be such it'd have to be a set frame rate with no fluctuations in either direction - anything else simply isn't a locked frame rate.

I try explaining these things to you but you don't listen.

Anyway back to Zelda or something.
I wanted orange, it gave me lemon lime!
Thommohawk
International
International

Postby chilleverest » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:07 pm

I do understand that a locked framerate is locked throughout the game, but in this (botw) case, the 20fps sustains way too long to be deemed as ''locked'' as DF has quoted. I dont think they should have mentioned that terminology but the 20 fps sustains way too long to completely ruin the game.

But then again, i do see myself playing the game regardless because im a Japan/zelda/nintendo fan too, i appreciate the heart Japanese devs put in their games.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby Thommohawk » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:24 pm

Yeah if the frame rate is that bad then that is disappointing but hey I have seen loads of games score a 9/10 or above where the performance sucked which never got mentioned.

That's the problem with under powered consoles this gen, fantastic games are ruined by bad frame rates or gameplay which just is not smooth. Even on PC this can be an issue despite 60 fps if it is a bad port job so even that platform isn't wholly exempt.
Thommohawk
International
International

Postby LynnMcG23 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Firmware update 4.5 is out! Boost mode is now very real. Vast majority of older games that have not had a pro patch will now run much better once you enable boost mode. Early reports coming in that Rainbow Six Terrorist hunt has went from 30fps and under with screen tearing to over 80fps and no screen tearing! Boom!

Other early reports:
Dark Souls 2 is silky smooth, and traveling between bonfires is noticeably quicker.

Sleeping Dog seems pratically flawess in the crowded and bigger streets. A quick test but on base ps4 those areas was a nightmare.

BF4 has been shown to be one of the most improved. Dropped to 27 fps on base mode, drops to 58fps with boost in worst case scenarios.

The Witcher 3 - Flawless

PS4 Pro is a beast! 8-)
PES 2017 - In Control

Fifa 17 - Out of Control
LynnMcG23
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Thommohawk » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:42 am

Credit where due boost mode sounds promising.
Thommohawk
International
International

Postby Malcolm9 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:05 pm

They just need to add a down sampling option on all games now when using a 1080p tv.

I'm picking up an LG B6 OLED tomorrow 8-)
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby Pwalie86 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:17 am

Malcolm9 wrote:They just need to add a down sampling option on all games now when using a 1080p tv.

I hear they tend to not get as bright as LED and input lag is a little higher, but overall it's one hell of a TV.

I got the Samsung KS8000 4K TV in anticipation for Scorpio...but. QLED TV's are coming so maybe I could've held back.

Pretty much only have base PS4 so it'll be a hell of a leap later this year. Fingers crossed Red Dead 2 doesn't get delayed!
The DJ to the music like the turkey to the gravy, techno techno techno, Bisto Bisto Bisto!
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Pwaliebwoy86
PSN: IM-FO-REALZ

Postby Malcolm9 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:31 am

I initially bought the 55" Sony XD93 which is a really nice tv, having done some research I preferred it over the KS8000. I friend of mine has the KS8000 so luckily I was able to make a decision by seeing both in action.

My father in law as a 65" B6 OLED so I took my Pro round there and it was truly impressive. People mention the brightness levels and I really don't see the issue, the set itself had the brightness etc set at only halfway and it looked amazing, more pure than what I've seen from both tv's above.

The blacks just look so impressive as well, and the B6 is currently going for £1799, Sky Q and an LG SH7 sound Bar. The sound on the XD93 & KS8000 isn't great overall without a sound bar unfortunately.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby K1NG » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Malcolm9 wrote:They just need to add a down sampling option on all games now when using a 1080p tv.

Lucky Sh*t! That's the TV I want :lol:
K1NG
First Team
First Team

Postby Malcolm9 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:23 pm

It's only £1799 with a free LG SH7 soundbar, you get Sky Q as well for a year.

The XD93 is nice but if I buy a soundbar, which is definitely needed, then I may as well pay the extra couple of hundred for the B6. It's a real nice tv, the Pro looks glorious on it.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby K1NG » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Malcolm9 wrote:It's only £1799 with a free LG SH7 soundbar, you get Sky Q as well for a year.

The XD93 is nice but if I buy a soundbar, which is definitely needed, then I may as well pay the extra couple of hundred for the B6. It's a real nice tv, the Pro looks glorious on it.

That's a good price! I'll probably have to wait till next year to get a new TV though :cry:. Sony are releasing an OLED TV this year too right? It'll be interesting to see if they can compete with LG in terms of quality on this front.
K1NG
First Team
First Team

Postby Malcolm9 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:12 pm

The funny thing is the Sony A1 OLED tv's are made by LG, you just get the Sony added features and technical options mixed in. I believe the A1 will be about 3k, so all the more reason to get the B6 as that'll be fine for a good 4-5 years.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

Postby nani17 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm

Just got my new micro SD card in the door today from amazon. Decided to get a 128gb since it was only another 15 euro from a good 60gb. :mrgreen: Moving over ridiculous amount of music as we speak
nani17
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Vidic17
PSN: Vidic17
Twitter: @nani17t

Previous

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion