PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO

Postby PortsmouthCity » Fri May 19, 2017 11:32 pm

kernowdoc69 wrote:One thing that worries me when watching the new trailer at slow speed was the goalkeeper reaction to Suarez header.

I didnt think anyone else noticed that. The ol' 2 handed retarded collapse
Pes 2015, finally
PortsmouthCity
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PortsmouthCity » Fri May 19, 2017 11:33 pm

JackUnited wrote:We need those trophy celebrations back when you win the league or domestic cups as we haven't seen those in PES for years unless they're licensed as it shouldn't be much of a big deal for them to put in some fake trophies and if possible why don't add create a trophy which would be cool too.

That needs to be back. Best one i had was when maldini retired and he did a lap of the stadium. Was like wtf at the time
Pes 2015, finally
PortsmouthCity
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bulwa11 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:49 pm

I really hope the huge graphic overhaul means realistic goalnets for once...
bulwa11
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby PESWENB » Fri May 19, 2017 11:50 pm

JackUnited wrote:We need those trophy celebrations back when you win the league or domestic cups as we haven't seen those in PES for years unless they're licensed as it shouldn't be much of a big deal for them to put in some fake trophies and if possible why don't add create a trophy which would be cool too.

Yeah they don't do it for some reason.....Also wouldn't it be great if they added a trophy editor so we could edit them into the real ones? Similar to the kits and badges.
My Youtube channel:
http://bit.do/YouTube-channel

Follow me on Google+
http://goo.gl/Ku01yo

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PESWENB
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Twitter: @PESWENB

Postby chilleverest » Sat May 20, 2017 12:29 am

PortsmouthCity wrote:
kernowdoc69 wrote:One thing that worries me when watching the new trailer at slow speed was the goalkeeper reaction to Suarez header.

I didnt think anyone else noticed that. The ol' 2 handed retarded collapse
:lol: :lol:
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby Matt10 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:00 am

Pesmunki wrote:Quality podcast now live from the B-Man, Charles and Matt10 as a guest is live now over @ Footy United Podcasts...

Do yourselves all a favour and go listen before yae comment on here any more!

Cheers

;)

Thanks for listening, man. You know we mentioned you in there some where as B and I were scouring the forums!
Matt10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Twitter: @Matt10L

Postby Pwalie86 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:05 am

Trailer be lookin' good. Then they see the goalnets. Then they be like...

The DJ to the music like the turkey to the gravy, techno techno techno, Bisto Bisto Bisto!
Pwalie86
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Pwaliebwoy86
PSN: IM-FO-REALZ

Postby Matt10 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:06 am

James Beaver wrote:
Matt10 wrote:
Pesmunki wrote:Hey Matt, teaser trailer looking promising?!

;)

Very promising, man. Player animations, in what little has been seen, has been a breath of fresh air.

You know me, though, it's all about gameplay and primarily player positioning.

And could KONAMI, please, add Matt to the set of beta testers. (And create the set if it doesn't exist already.) Please? Someone tweet them.

Cause whenever errors are pointed out in the demo stage it's "too late to fix them."

Thanks, man :) I was going to get a video going, but had the chance to jump on the podcast, so a lot of my thoughts are there. I do plan on jumping on whatever upcoming news, etc, comes out. Believe it or not, still trying to get 17 working right.
Matt10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PESWENB » Sat May 20, 2017 1:52 am

Pwalie86 wrote:Trailer be lookin' good. Then they see the goalnets. Then they be like...

There's some crazy obsession with nets :lol:
My Youtube channel:
http://bit.do/YouTube-channel

Follow me on Google+
http://goo.gl/Ku01yo

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PESWENB
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Twitter: @PESWENB

Postby vital » Sat May 20, 2017 2:02 am

Set it to 0.25 speed on Youtube. What was going on with the Suarez header. :shock:

It doesn't even make contact with his head. It looks like it hits his shoulder then flies into the air defying physics. Then the keeper does the infamous PES late reaction combined with shoddy animation.

How can you release a trailer with about 3.7 seconds of total footage and still manage to show a glaring flaw.
vital
Pundit
Pundit

Postby chilleverest » Sat May 20, 2017 2:08 am

Its just that unsatisfactory looking dive, looks like they havent got rid of it yet.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby Matt10 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:30 am

vital wrote:Set it to 0.25 speed on Youtube. What was going on with the Suarez header. :shock:

It doesn't even make contact with his head. It looks like it hits his shoulder then flies into the air defying physics. Then the keeper does the infamous PES late reaction combined with shoddy animation.

How can you release a trailer with about 3.7 seconds of total footage and still manage to show a glaring flaw.

Like I said on the podcast, I'm not going to be a pessimist this year. I'm going to give into the hype and just enjoy the ride. Last year I was a bit more pessimistic, only because PES 16 was so poor.

PES 17 started on the right foot, then was quickly absorbed with the glaring lack of fundamentals, compounding to be worst after the honeymoon was over.

In regards to the ball making contact, I'd say it's pretty clear it does. It's a whole lot better than the previous iterations of "contact". AKA no force fields.

Matt10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bonano » Sat May 20, 2017 8:28 am

Hi Matt
Thanks for your relentless efforts and videos on PES' player positioning - the one with the DMF as CM when in possession did wonders!

I was wondering though if you ever commented the way the AI opposition uses the attack/defense mentality system (the double push arrow up/down buttons for the user)?

I noticed quite early on that the AI typically switches between mentalities when in and out of possession, so for example they are above average attack minded when in possession and below average defense minded when out of possession.
However it only just occurred to me that this is a very strange or incorrect way to view a teams mentality during a (specific part of a) match. A team should either be attack minded, defensive minded or neutral and the chosen mentality should carry through on their playing style both when in and out of possession, right? So to me it seems like the AI in a sense abuses the game's mechanics when it comes to attack/defense minded mentality in way that is fundamentally a misunderstanding of how a real life team approaches a given match.

Would you agree?
Bonano
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Timtc10 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:23 am

I hope they can bridge the gap in quality between the partnership teams/players/stadiums and the rest.

It's annoying to see Real Madrid players that have had the same faces since 2015
Timtc10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Pesmunki » Sat May 20, 2017 9:31 am

vital wrote:Set it to 0.25 speed on Youtube. What was going on with the Suarez header. :shock:

Vital being Vital... :shock:

The ball clearly comes off his head, in fact as can be seen from Matt's still image, it actually seems to compress as it makes contact. I've watched the teaser over and over also and noticed that initially.

If that's the best you can come up with Vital, my old mucker, you're losing your touch... ;)

EA might be reconsidering their contract offer... :lol:

Cheers
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

PSN: cogs67

Postby Molly » Sat May 20, 2017 10:58 am

Also back in town to prepare for the arrival of the new King. :)

I am quite hyped now looking at the teaser trailer. We all know that it is still a game and we all want it to be the perfect one. Just like our partners. :lol:
It looks like they have listened to a lot of feedback. And if they can pull that off in a year time, that is a big effort.

I pray for that one legend that has to arrive in PES 2018. So I fully agree with the tweet below:

https://twitter.com/WEarePESnl/status/8 ... 5812065280
Molly
Mascot
Mascot

Postby harmonyvid35 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:09 am

The visuals look to be very realistic, so it'll be a big shame when the gameplay continues to be all out arcade :(

Anyway, I'll be waiting for the demo to decide on it. First thing I'll be looking at is the passing & shooting. If it's the same ultra assisted, unskilled crap as recent years then this'll be the first year I won't buy. No point if the thing I'll be doing most on the pitch is zero fun.
If I can't get past this then all the other problems that need worked on won't matter at all to me.
Either give us a Semi-Assisted passing option, or bring back the 'One' passing system for all and make stats matter again. Considering it's what everyone does 99% of the time - it needs fixing.
harmonyvid35
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby vital » Sat May 20, 2017 11:16 am

Matt10 wrote:In regards to the ball making contact, I'd say it's pretty clear it does. It's a whole lot better than the previous iterations of "contact". AKA no force fields.

It's one thing to want to be positive, but I think you are perhaps so desperate to be positive you are literally hallucinating to avoid seeing an obvious problem. This is quite interesting to me, but it's one of the reasons I enjoy the build up to PES, because it is amusing to see the lengths people will go to avoid acknowledging facts.

If it did hit his head that is even worse since the trajectory the ball leaves at would make less sense than if it had ricochet off the top of his shoulder. It should have been a glancing header since the only possible contact point would have been the side of the head making it impossible for the ball to fly upwards as it did. Anyone who has played football in real life would know this. Those physics are 100% wrong if you believe it hit his head, given the animation that was selected. Ironically the goalkeeper actually dives towards the spot the ball should have gone.

To me that kind of incongruity is early evidence that they still haven't solved the systemic physics issues and that's a really bad sign for the shooting and general satisfaction of scoring.
vital
Pundit
Pundit

Postby LynnMcG23 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:32 am

Matt10 wrote:In regards to the ball making contact, I'd say it's pretty clear it does. It's a whole lot better than the previous iterations of "contact". AKA no force fields.

Och just let Vital and Philla play their silly games it's the only enjoyment they get out of life.

Saying that pretty embarrassing he's trying to claim it comes off his shoulder :lol:
Pesmunki wrote:If that's the best you can come up with Vital, my old mucker, you're losing your touch... ;)

EA might be reconsidering their contract offer... :lol:

Cheers

The crazy thing is the two of them do it off their own backs due to the dislike of the series
Last edited by LynnMcG23 on Sat May 20, 2017 11:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
It's all about PES 2018 this year!
LynnMcG23
First Team
First Team

Postby PortsmouthCity » Sat May 20, 2017 11:34 am

Regarding the header,

How did suarez actually head the ball in that psg game.
Pes 2015, finally
PortsmouthCity
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion