PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 5)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 5)

Postby Pesmunki » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 pm

Matt10 wrote:
Not really, man. He takes the high road and moves on, doesn't go for back to back posts of petty crap.

Guess what. If you just stop responding to those you disagree with...they will stop too. You should try it.

Guess what man, If you review Vital's posts you'll see how many times he calls people delusional, idiotic, North Korean ignoramus's. If you think that's taking the high road, good luck to ya.

You should try it.
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

PSN: cogs67

Postby Pesmunki » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:19 pm

Nik778899 wrote:
You are called delusional (maybe the wrong word) because you seem incapable of criticising the game in any way whatsoever. I still enjoy 2017 but I'm not blind to its glaring issues. You seem to be unable to look at PES objectively.

Simply and factually not true. Review my posts. You should try it.
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby PESWENB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 pm

PRO_TOO wrote:I don't like the nets in rocket league. Too cagey...! :lol:

I honestly never cared or noticed nets until i joined this forum, then i see a real fetish for it :lol:
My Youtube channel:
http://bit.do/YouTube-channel

Follow me on Google+
http://goo.gl/Ku01yo

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/PESWENB
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Twitter: @PESWENB

Postby chilleverest » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:50 pm

PESWENB wrote:

I honestly never cared or noticed nets until i joined this forum, then i see a real fetish for it :lol:

One of the main selling points of pes back when it picked up was nets, specially compared to fifa, they looked absolutely phenomenal, add that to the varieties of goals you scored, you got all kinds of variations, ball rolling along the back of the nets with upward cushions, sideways from one side to another, rocket shots which hit the corner of the net would be thrown out again, they looked so real and had all kinds of varieties. In pes 18, even a chip goal gets thrown out to the 10 yrd box as if the goal nets were made of gravitational elastics, every shots is spit out back to the pitch. Can't believe fifa is better in netting at this point while pes 18 is not even on par with the ps2 nets.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby PESWENB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:52 pm

chilleverest wrote:
PESWENB wrote:

One of the main selling points of pes back when it picked up was nets, specially compared to fifa, they looked absolutely phenomenal, add that to the varieties of goals you scored, you got all kinds of variations, ball rolling along the back of the nets with upward cushions, sideways from one side to another, rocket shots which hit the corner of the net would be thrown out again, they looked so real and had all kinds of varieties. In pes 18, even a chip goal gets thrown out to the 10 yrd box as if the goal nets were made of gravitational elastics, every shots is spit out back to the pitch. Can't believe fifa is better in netting at this point while pes 18 is not even on par with the ps2 nets.

Yeah i notice them now, would love to have the PS2 ones back for sure as they were much better.
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Postby Matt10 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:00 am

chilleverest wrote:
PESWENB wrote:

The thing with nets is definitely true. I always say this, the reason people are as picky about...whatever they are picky about...is the fault of KONAMI. That's a good...or bad...thing based on your perspective. The reason I think most are so picky about nets now, is because there was a point in which KONAMI made it the norm. So the logic goes to..."If they did it once, and were known for it...why can't they do it now?".

:geek:
Matt10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Twitter: @Matt10L

Postby thombhoy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:57 am

danielrh wrote:
thombhoy wrote:Anyway, anyone for tennis ?? :lol: :lol:

looking forward to seeing the new Tennis game on show at this months Gamescom, made by the guys responsible for Top Spin 4 - I was a God on that game, Top spin 4 being one of my favorite sports games of all time

thombhoy wrote:
chilleverest wrote:To those who played PES 18 beta, since i didnt get to play it, did it have the old pes 'one more game' feeling to it ?

For me it definitely had that just one more game feel but the shooting did let it down a little, hopefully the contextual stuff Adam spoke of ( that's still to be added )will make a difference to the overall feeling of scoring a goal.

+1 @thombhoy Demo 30th August, can't wait

Yeah, really can't wait for the demo to drop, here's hoping for similar game speed and better refs, refs were really shit in the beta :lol:
thombhoy
Pundit
Pundit

Postby PESWENB » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:01 am

thombhoy wrote:Yeah, really can't wait for the demo to drop, here's hoping for similar game speed and better refs, refs were really shit in the beta :lol:

Ah the classic refs, they're always so dodgy but hopefully better in the demo.
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 5

Postby chilleverest » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:23 am

Also, what I like to see improved is on the focus on goal rather than on celebration. You can't even appreciate the goal when the camera pans instantly to players after scoring, specially long shots, not even a second is spared on the ball that just went in, add dodgy shots on that and it's even worse. FIFA has this too but the focus to player celebration is rather slow so you have that moment of satisfaction of scoring. Pes 6 had this presentation/direction nailed. I don't think masuda and co has shown heart in making this game as Seabass has.
Who ate all the pies?
Bring Seabass back.
chilleverest
International
International

Twitter: @chilleverest

Postby Pesmunki » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:27 am

chilleverest wrote:Also, what I like to see improved is on the focus on goal rather than on celebration. You can't even appreciate the goal when the camera pans instantly to players after scoring, FIFA has this too but the focus to player celebration is rather slow so you have that moment of satisfaction of scoring. Pes 6 had this presentation/direction nailed.

Loads of little details from PES 6 would be welcomed to return. Tweet suggestions to Official PES dude. They get collated daily.
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby Matt10 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 am

chilleverest wrote:Also, what I like to see improved is on the focus on goal rather than on celebration. You can't even appreciate the goal when the camera pans instantly to players after scoring, specially long shots, not even a second is spared on the ball that just went in, add dodgy shots on that and it's even worse. FIFA has this too but the focus to player celebration is rather slow so you have that moment of satisfaction of scoring. Pes 6 had this presentation/direction nailed. I don't think masuda and co has shown heart in making this game as Seabass has.

That's actually an interesting point. As soon as the ball is scored, it cuts right to a close-up of the player who scored, and intializes some kind of canned celebration. I would love to see the camera shake or something, or the crowd just fall silent as all you see is the view of the away team celebrating in the corner or something.

I think the post control celebration is the reason we've lost a little bit of that emotion.

Regardless, good call on the celebration. Didn't think of that.
Matt10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Twitter: @Matt10L

Postby Nik778899 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:22 am

Pesmunki wrote:
Nik778899 wrote:
You are called delusional (maybe the wrong word) because you seem incapable of criticising the game in any way whatsoever. I still enjoy 2017 but I'm not blind to its glaring issues. You seem to be unable to look at PES objectively.

Simply and factually not true. Review my posts. You should try it.

You said that shooting was fine as you and everyone you had spoken to said shooting was fine. That was simply not true.

You also failed to understand the argument on long distance shooting because "not every shot flew in" which absolutely isn't the point.

You also went all superfan on how long you've played PES and how many hours you played 2017 etc etc.

It's quite clear that anything with a Konami logo on it gets looked at more favourably that something with an EA logo.
Nik778899
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRO_TOO » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:55 am

Matt10 wrote:
chilleverest wrote:Also, what I like to see improved is on the focus on goal rather than on celebration. You can't even appreciate the goal when the camera pans instantly to players after scoring, specially long shots, not even a second is spared on the ball that just went in, add dodgy shots on that and it's even worse. FIFA has this too but the focus to player celebration is rather slow so you have that moment of satisfaction of scoring. Pes 6 had this presentation/direction nailed. I don't think masuda and co has shown heart in making this game as Seabass has.

That's actually an interesting point. As soon as the ball is scored, it cuts right to a close-up of the player who scored, and intializes some kind of canned celebration. I would love to see the camera shake or something, or the crowd just fall silent as all you see is the view of the away team celebrating in the corner or something.
I think the post control celebration is the reason we've lost a little bit of that emotion.

Regardless, good call on the celebration. Didn't think of that.

Didn't that first PES2018 trailer show a camera from the stands, where the crowd is cheering after a goal and the cam is shaking?! When I saw that first time, I wanted it to be in the game! The whole stadium crowd seemed to go crazy! :)
Don’t go for a 50/50 ball unless your 80/20 sure your gonna win it.
PS Access' Rob: "I was good at playing PES, and now it's like... this is football now!"
PRO_TOO
First Team
First Team

PSN: PRO_TOO
Twitter: @PRO_TOO

Postby espimas » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:39 am

Matt10 wrote:
chilleverest wrote:
PESWENB wrote:

The thing with nets is definitely true. I always say this, the reason people are as picky about...whatever they are picky about...is the fault of KONAMI. That's a good...or bad...thing based on your perspective. The reason I think most are so picky about nets now, is because there was a point in which KONAMI made it the norm. So the logic goes to..."If they did it once, and were known for it...why can't they do it now?".

:geek:

That's the thing. It's supposed to go forwards, and not backwards. If something works and it's been properly developed, either leave it as it is or try and improve it.
espimas
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby danielrh » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:45 am

Matt10 wrote:
Anyway. I've missed a bit, but demo time can't come soon enough. Have watched a lot of FIFA video that looks like 17 with a bit of extra animations (good or bad remains to be seen). I'm still noticing what B was talking about regarding the way the ball moves in the short passes. It's like it has a force-field that slows it down right before the receiving player is about to control it. Very strange.

Enough about FIFA though. The WT videos for PES still look good to me. I just can't wait for the demo to be able to truly test this AI, and see if the tactical rigidness is reduced, and the attack/defense levels are lessened. I'm going to try what Daniel had said about raising the defensive height if I don't like what I see. It's amazing how virtually every prem/championship match had numbers being built offensively and defensively. Watch Watford v Liverpool? Right, the forwards didn't just stay up doing nothing, that's for sure. Great matches.

Also I got my Fulham kit right in time today!

Yes Matt - long time,

so far the premiership has seen alot of headed goals ...... PES2017 ??, we (my family) would always say "PES gets it right" :lol:

yes Matt me too mate looking forward to the demo, expect this to be pretty much full on.
I'll be doing the same thing take all advance tactics off and watch how the pure formation works, on of my gripes regarding PES2017 were that at times defenders, full backs and defensive midfielders would go wondering too forward leaving holes/space

the two new advanced tactics that people liked and spoke about whilst during the online beta were
defensive and wing back .....the defensive one you could use to instruct for eg a defensive midfielder not to go forward.

so looking forward to trying these out on the demo.

PRO_TOO wrote:Didn't that first PES2018 trailer show a camera from the stands, where the crowd is cheering after a goal and the cam is shaking?! When I saw that first time, I wanted it to be in the game! The whole stadium crowd seemed to go crazy! :)

hopefully we'll see this in the demo
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website https://www.pesleague.com/

"Football matches tell it's own story it doesn't need a script - PES2018"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby PESWENB » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:59 am

Pesmunki wrote:
chilleverest wrote:Also, what I like to see improved is on the focus on goal rather than on celebration. You can't even appreciate the goal when the camera pans instantly to players after scoring, FIFA has this too but the focus to player celebration is rather slow so you have that moment of satisfaction of scoring. Pes 6 had this presentation/direction nailed.

Loads of little details from PES 6 would be welcomed to return. Tweet suggestions to Official PES dude. They get collated daily.

We could but too late at this stage, they've pretty much finished the game now.
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Postby Pesmunki » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:22 pm

PESWENB wrote:
Pesmunki wrote:

We could but too late at this stage, they've pretty much finished the game now.

Yeah, just mean for feedback in general. Game will be gold by now, probably. But any feedback is collated daily by Official PES and feedback in reports. It all gets back and it's based on quantity, so more people feeding it back means higher priority.
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby Pesmunki » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Vital :

If your interest in a football game is predicated on it looking nothing like previous iterations of said football game then you aren't really a football gaming enthusiast, you are just going through the motions to reinforce and verify your preexisting biases.

From what my brother is saying there is more physicality, higher momentum/inertia and more responsiveness on the ball. The combination of those three things can make a colossal difference to the gameplay and yet may not be immediately perceptible by watching videos, so I'm interested to try it and will do so with an open mind. He has confirmed there are some significant defensive issues though so I will be testing that since it could ruin the improvements made in other areas

This is Vital's view defending FIFA from his last post over in the FIFA thread.

You simply could not make this up!!! Comedy Gold. :lol:
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby PESWENB » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:27 pm

Pesmunki wrote:Yeah, just mean for feedback in general. Game will be gold by now, probably. But any feedback is collated daily by Official PES and feedback in reports. It all gets back and it's based on quantity, so more people feeding it back means higher priority.

True yeah for future games.
My Youtube channel:

Follow me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter:
PESWENB
Manager
Manager

Postby Malcolm9 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Pesmunki wrote:
Vital :

If your interest in a football game is predicated on it looking nothing like previous iterations of said football game then you aren't really a football gaming enthusiast, you are just going through the motions to reinforce and verify your preexisting biases.

From what my brother is saying there is more physicality, higher momentum/inertia and more responsiveness on the ball. The combination of those three things can make a colossal difference to the gameplay and yet may not be immediately perceptible by watching videos, so I'm interested to try it and will do so with an open mind. He has confirmed there are some significant defensive issues though so I will be testing that since it could ruin the improvements made in other areas

This is Vital's view defending FIFA from his last post over in the FIFA thread.

You simply could not make this up!!! Comedy Gold. :lol:

He's completely going against his logic there for sure, hence why I don't take him to seriously anymore.
Malcolm9
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion