PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 11)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 11)

Postby gu3rr3ir0 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:Hahahaha how apt Danielrh - wont comment.
So whats so private about asking the game developer about the actual game?? its not MI5.
What did they say to you Daniel? "scripting online is in, but shhhh dont tell anyone, we pretend its not there" ???

This is why people dont take anything you say seriously mate, you promised me fouls were all sorted for PES 18, they are worst than they have ever been, non-existent, you constantly praise and hype a game that's falling apart at the seems and cant be gotten right after 3 years of development, and you keep your little conflabs with Konami 'private' - the more realistic answer is that they just did'nt even answer you, why would they!?! Adam obviously doesnt have any influence on the development, so you certainly don't.

+1.

Before the game came out Daniel just hypes the game based on private conversations in private events, bragging about the knowledge he has with Konami insiders and that they assured this and that and everything will be spot on and this is fixed and that.

Just don't understand why people do this and don't see that they just do more Bad than good to the series. It's kinda like you having a rich friend who has a big home and a big pool and nice cars and is on drugs and drinks and you see is falling apart but because you are invited for his home to hang with nice girls swim in the nice pool and drive the cars sometimes you don't say nothing and just tap him on the back saying "you are the best man keep it going"

What people that do this don't see is that when you're friend dies or falls apart for good that will end... And maybe if you have helped your friend maybe he will be alive and in good health and probably people would take their fair share of it.
gu3rr3ir0
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby shoot-to » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:48 pm

I’ve been following this forum less and less as I’m getting older. Popped in to see what people are saying about the game.

I haven’t bought PES18, (I did 17 but didn’t have time to play it enough) and I don’t think I will after reading the comments. But I can’t believe Konami have gone backwards after what was a generally positive PES17! What happened?

Read the Footy United guys are disbanding as well, I know they have their own lives to carry on with. But if the game was good the passion would still be there for these guys. It seems the game is that bad now that even they have given up hope.

Konami are losing or have lost the hardcore lot now, the generation that knew PES5/6. Unfortunately, they have to cater for the masses, the new generation. But the new lot are all playing FIFA, how much longer will PES last?

If PES18 supposedly took 3 years to develop there is no excuse for all the bugs that’s being reported. Simple things like no fouls, cursor switching, how can they not detect it when testing? How can Adam not see these things before release yet they continue to champion the game? This kind of thing has been going for too long.

I had high hopes for PES18 after reading comments about the beta. What an anti climax the final product is. And the fact that players are still waiting for a fix now? To be honest, maybe there is a fair few things for Konami to fix with the game hence the time it’s taking. I hope once the patch drops it will turn out to be a enjoyable game for everyone who bought it.
The King has not returned yet but we are indeed witnessing signs and wonders of his coming glory. - Can’t believe that was what I wrote back then. The King is never returning and the only sign and wonder that it has given since my sig was amateur mistakes over and over again. - 2017
shoot-to
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bearwithit » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:33 am

vital wrote:Lmao

And Malcolm9 criticised me for saying the free kicks in classic PES were better

Yup it's a buggy mess of a game. Adam and co just pretend these things don't exist instead of listening to the valid criticism. Horrendous
Follow Follow
bearwithit
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: scottio19

Postby Nik778899 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:32 am

gu3rr3ir0 wrote:
So whats so private about asking the game developer about the actual game?? its not MI5.
What did they say to you Daniel? "scripting online is in, but shhhh dont tell anyone, we pretend its not there" ???

This is why people dont take anything you say seriously mate, you promised me fouls were all sorted for PES 18, they are worst than they have ever been, non-existent, you constantly praise and hype a game that's falling apart at the seems and cant be gotten right after 3 years of development, and you keep your little conflabs with Konami 'private' - the more realistic answer is that they just did'nt even answer you, why would they!?! Adam obviously doesnt have any influence on the development, so you certainly don't.

+1.

Before the game came out Daniel just hypes the game based on private conversations in private events, bragging about the knowledge he has with Konami insiders and that they assured this and that and everything will be spot on and this is fixed and that.

Just don't understand why people do this and don't see that they just do more Bad than good to the series. It's kinda like you having a rich friend who has a big home and a big pool and nice cars and is on drugs and drinks and you see is falling apart but because you are invited for his home to hang with nice girls swim in the nice pool and drive the cars sometimes you don't say nothing and just tap him on the back saying "you are the best man keep it going"

What people that do this don't see is that when you're friend dies or falls apart for good that will end... And maybe if you have helped your friend maybe he will be alive and in good health and probably people would take their fair share of it.

He's done his job. As an employee of PESLeague, he's hyped the game enough to get people to buy it and gets some little perks in return to make him feel special (carrying Adam's coat; making Asim drinks).
Too late now there's issues with the game; Konami have everyone's money and can laugh their way to the bank and then come July he'll be back telling us all about how good 2019 is and how his 'private conversations' and 'own feedback mechanisms' (a private section of the PESFan forum; which he admitted that's all it was) have meant the right feedback is getting back to the guys in Japan.

This forum drives me up the wall, but I can't leave it. It's like stockholm syndrome.
Nik778899
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Philla » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 am

I think it is not worth the debate, as literally no one (except of some mature delayed snowflakes) gave a damn about Daniel´s contributions. His agenda was too clear after the PES2017 debacle and basicly he is nothing but an spammy advertising column which would be removed from the board under normal circumstances.

Regarding PES2018 i am not quite sure what to think and say. On the one side you have numerous bugs, the new freekick bug is not the worst of them. On the other hand KONAMI did a lot of things right this year and i don´t want this to be forgotten.

So i hope that the team is patching the game as avidly as they did with PES2014, because below there is really a great base of football which doesn´t let me go back to FIFA at the moment.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby Molly » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:32 am

Philla wrote:So i hope that the team is patching the game as avidly as they did with PES2014, because below there is really a great base of football which doesn´t let me go back to FIFA at the moment.
Exactly this! But somehow I don't get the impression they understand the sense of urgency of fixing the nagging bugs. Faces, faces, faces, the occassional new boot......I don't care about them at this point. If I want faces I can watch youtube. I want the gameplay fixed. All development capacity should be focused solely on the issues, because they definitely ruin the (in potential great) game at this point!
So Konami, stop (ignoring the frustrations! and) doing only stupid PR and fix the issues asap. If you please.
Molly
Mascot
Mascot

Postby twobobpeeters » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 am

Nik778899 wrote:

Nail on the head.
You'll be on his 'ignore' list next.

Unfortunately Daniel has made himself look silly this year, anyone who has had faith in what he has said has had it thrown back at them with a pretty poor game. promised us great things but in the end we get a game that's worse than last years.

I'm sure they can get it right if they actually listen to the right people and just stop with the bullshit to the fans, I think the role of people like Daniel in the community is now redundant, they are either feeding back the wrong things or just not being listened to behind the scenes and meanwhile attempting to placate the fans on here with their 'trust me' nonsense.

They need to work on new communication channels or stop all comms completely, stop letting everything go through Adam because he just gets shit thrown back at him anyway, stop having tidbits filtered through to people like Daniel who then through blind faith believes everything he is told and then deals out the hype to the forum. They'd be better off not saying anything at all imo.
twobobpeeters
First Team
First Team

PSN: ookieusm
Twitter: mowlds

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 am

My comments weren't aimed at daniel on a personal level,I like the guy, he means well, and slandering someone isn't my style, but we are all mature enough here to see the bigger picture and know when we are being blatantly lied to, and this has happened time and time again.

@Shoot-to: simple things like no fouls or injuries, broken transfers, cursor switching etc weren't identified before release because they were never tested.
All Konami ever do is arrange these world tour/play test days where they invite the same clique of games journos and close friends along to all sit and play each other, online style, in an endless series of free flowing, button mashing matches. And in return those people are obliged to spurt about how amazing the game is and pat Adam, Asim and everyone on the back.

No one ever sits down at length in the offline mode and tests all the various elements that need to gel together to make it a solid product, if they did ANY type of offline vs AI play testing then they would have noticed that:
A) All the big teams sell all their best players every transfer window
B) Release fees for players are way off
C) cursor switching is unresponsive
D) There's no ebb and flow to games (despite commentary mentioning it every 2 f*cking seconds) as there are no fouls
E) There are never any injuries
(These are just the main points, haven't mentioned the countless other niggles that should be fixed such as crap commentary, unbalanced AI, Online scripting, etc)

If someone did test offline play then they were either the most ignorant F*cktard ever and didnt see any of these things or they just have no clue about football and everything looked ok .... OR, more worryingly, they noticed it and ignored it.

And Adam is on record as stating PES 2018 is the most complete package they've ever made ..... You live and die by your words and if this is what he seriously thinks with all the issues that are existing, and with PES18 probably being the most divisive game they've ever made, well, then we are in a deep pile of white dog sh*t.

Core game play - superb, best for years, maybe ever, everything else - a disaster.
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby Philla » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:46 am

Molly wrote:
Philla wrote:So i hope that the team is patching the game as avidly as they did with PES2014, because below there is really a great base of football which doesn´t let me go back to FIFA at the moment.
Exactly this! But somehow I don't get the impression they understand the sense of urgency of fixing the nagging bugs. Faces, faces, faces, the occassional new boot......I don't care about them at this point. If I want faces I can watch youtube. I want the gameplay fixed. All development capacity should be focused solely on the issues, because they definitely ruin the (in potential great) game at this point!
So Konami, stop (ignoring the frustrations! and) doing only stupid PR and fix the issues asap. If you please.

I don´t think so, because faces and gameplay mechanics are two completely different things. Faces are created by designers who don´t take part in the gameplay programming. A gameplay patch adressing so many necessary, fundamental things should take some time to test - otherwise the game can easily take one step ahead and two steps back (which is my biggest fear at the moment).
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 am

Philla wrote:I don´t think so, because faces and gameplay mechanics are two completely different things. Faces are created by designers who don´t take part in the gameplay programming. A gameplay patch adressing so many necessary, fundamental things should take some time to test - otherwise the game can easily take one step ahead and two steps back (which is my biggest fear at the moment).

Phila, the teams may well be seperate and focus on different things but its about showing the community and the people who have spent their money on your product, that you are focusing on the priorities, fixing the game, over anything else.

A private medical hospital opens, people pay good money to be admitted, the day after it opens, all the power goes down and the backup generators are faulty, no ones getting any treatment, you don't go holding a family fete fun day in the hospital grounds whilst all this is going on, you get the place back up and working satisfactorily, THEN you add the fluff.

Konami have absolutely no sense of priority.
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Philla » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:54 am

Forced_Reps wrote:
Philla wrote:I don´t think so, because faces and gameplay mechanics are two completely different things. Faces are created by designers who don´t take part in the gameplay programming. A gameplay patch adressing so many necessary, fundamental things should take some time to test - otherwise the game can easily take one step ahead and two steps back (which is my biggest fear at the moment).

Phila, the teams may well be seperate and focus on different things but its about showing the community and the people who have spent their money on your product, that you are focusing on the priorities, fixing the game, over anything else.

A private medical hospital opens, people pay good money to be admitted, the day after it opens, all the power goes down and the backup generators are faulty, no ones getting any treatment, you don't go holding a family fete fun day in the hospital grounds whilst all this is going on, you get the place back up and working satisfactorily, THEN you add the fluff.

Konami have absolutely no sense of priority.

100% agree, the communication and marketing is a complete mess, and the "face to the customer" couldn´t have been selected worse than Adam Bhatti.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:12 am

In all fairness, Adam does his job well.
he shows a passion for the product and he hypes the game, which is what a good Brand Manager should do.
But, he is only the brand manager, I think people don't realise his input is limited in terms of development.

What probably happens is everybody thinks Adam has a speed dial to Masuda, and the dev team and anything they pass on to him gets acted on, it doesnt.

And if you are the Dev team at PES productions, and this guy Adam from England is only ever bombarding you with user requests and feedback and things that need fixing, after you've worked on the game all year (in this case 3 years) you are going to get pretty fed up and start ignoring him after a while.

Adam's people skills can be dicey at times, the way he addresses genuine customers, but he must have to put up with alot of crap too, not defending him, just saying that i dont think most people realise how the hierachy works and that in the grand scheme of things, Adam is just as much of a cog as daniel is.
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

Postby danielrh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am

gu3rr3ir0 wrote:

+1.

Morning ....what's this lads a WWE handicap match?? ...... let me just go under the ring and reach for my sledgehammer Triple H style.

I'm gonna take @gu3rr3ir0's line (I've bolded it)

I was happy with what I played (played being the key word here) at Anfield it was offline of course there was no catch up bug, strikers could get away from defenders, defending was about timing and positioning squeezing the pressure button and hoping for the best wasn't going to cut it.

The contextual shielding of the ball by individual players was amazing, for eg Coutinho would take little touches to keep the ball away from a player trying to win the ball back or Pobga would just use brute strength arms out hold people off ... this shown through because you were closed down and you could see this working sweetly - in the full version you don't see this as much (online) because the game is a sprint fest

at anfield I played against other players and against the AI - I fed back to Kei Masuda about playing against the AI, he understood and assured me that work in this area is continuing, and I reported this back here as soon as I got back from Anfield.

lets fast forward to the online beta - the game that everyone played you all enjoyed it just like me, and people were raving about the online beta the game we all had fun and with no catch up bug, no switching problems and no online scripting.

so now we've come to the game fully released - were all waiting for the gameplay play patch to arrive so be patient lads, there's other games out there to play in the meantime if your not happy, (WWE2K18 has just arrived in the post)

I raved about what I played at Anfield and equally I spoken about the problems were all having playing PES2018 atm, I've been here others have stayed away.
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website https://www.pesleague.com/

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon - No matter how good you are, the bird is gonna shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby Philla » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:33 am

Forced_Reps wrote:In all fairness, Adam does his job well.
he shows a passion for the product and he hypes the game, which is what a good Brand Manager should do.
But, he is only the brand manager, I think people don't realise his input is limited in terms of development.

What probably happens is everybody thinks Adam has a speed dial to Masuda, and the dev team and anything they pass on to him gets acted on, it doesnt.

And if you are the Dev team at PES productions, and this guy Adam from England is only ever bombarding you with user requests and feedback and things that need fixing, after you've worked on the game all year (in this case 3 years) you are going to get pretty fed up and start ignoring him after a while.

Adam's people skills can be dicey at times, the way he addresses genuine customers, but he must have to put up with alot of crap too, not defending him, just saying that i dont think most people realise how the hierachy works and that in the grand scheme of things, Adam is just as much of a cog as daniel is.

You just can´t be that ignorant to people that report bugs and problems, you have to show you collect the problems and try to validate them. This is not a medical product that is feedbacked by scientists, this is a football game. As an official he can´t just ban people if the tone gets rough sometimes. Every ban is multiplicated by bad press throughout the forums.
Philla
First Team
First Team

Postby twobobpeeters » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:35 am

Even though I enjoyed the online beta, it didn't mean I thought the game was finished and going to be brilliant. It was a very limited contained experience and of course there was no AI so it would have been silly to hype yourself based on it.

Either way it shouldn't have got to the point where we are waiting for a patch simply to make the game playable let alone enjoyable, on top of that we have no idea what the patch will contain because of the way information is communicated. Having faith in what you are telling us that it's coming soon as is being worked on and it will be huge is pointless after what's happened in the past.

Like I say, Konami either need to be more open and have better communication channels or simply not tell anyone anything, having this weird go between chinese whisper type communcation just leads to further rage from the when it all turns out to be nonsense.
twobobpeeters
First Team
First Team

PSN: ookieusm
Twitter: mowlds

Postby bearwithit » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:07 am

Forced_Reps wrote: Adam is just as much of a cog as daniel is.

Adam is a part of Konami's PES team, he's a brand manager who will have a considerably more impact on getting feedback to them than Daniel or anyone else on here......

The problem for me is Adam might be doing his job but bare faced lies to the people he was once among and the sheer arrogance of ignoring and blocking anyone who brings up the games shortcomings is simply not on. He might be a nice guy ect but in terms of his job he's failing big time and letting the PES community down.

I understand he doesn't have the power alone to change the game and in the end all he is there for is to sell games but the way he is doing it leaves a bitter taste given the years he spent on here and elsewhere stating his love and ambition for the game. I don't trust one word he or anyone representing PES say's anymore. We as a community have been fed utter rubbish from these guys for years now and they now hold zero credibility.

PES isn't back and until they make big changes in staff and direction.
Follow Follow
bearwithit
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:30 am

@bearwithit - agree, as i said , wasn't defending the way he approaches feedback or speaks to people, just highlighting that whilst Adams feedback route may be more direct, ultimately he has very little if any, influence over what japan work on.

@danielrh certainly no wwe battle royal here mate, i said it wasn't aimed at you personally, just that we always get lied to by Konami, Adam, Asim, or anyone remotely connected with Konami.

No point saying 'be patient, the patch is coming' because it might not even solve the issues.
Unless the patch distinctly adds more COM aggression and as a result more realistic foul counts per match, actual injuries into ML, resolved cursor switching, and doesnt adversely affect what is right with the game, then it will be pointless and considered a fail, and the very premise that we are having to wait months for this so called super patch when they had 3 years to get the game right, is quite frankly, appalling.
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

Postby makepesgreatagain » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:43 am

bhatti and asim have no social skills, why are they on social media?
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bearwithit » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 am

When is the patch coming? What is it going to address? does anyone have official information on this direct from Konami? All I see is personal opinion and Chinese whispers that is no use to man nor beast!

I mean EA released their patch a week after release so I have no idea why we are still waiting for this...if it's even coming. We all know it's going to be a boot and faces patch with the infamous in depth description of "game play changes" which basically mean nothings been done and let's hope placebo works.
Follow Follow
bearwithit
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 pm

No one knows, Adam stated within a few months, so could be anytime between Dec-Feb really.
No official info but from my discussions directly with Adam and his tweets, lack of fouls, and cursor switching are the main points being looked at, possibly even tweaks to the frequency of COM lofted through balls.

Boots & Faces aren't a patch - that is a Data Pack, different things.

Yes, EA did patch FIFA very quickly, 5 days after release and all credit to them, the difference being though that EA were aware of a few issues with things prior to releasing the demo, then they had more feedback after the demo, so was able to be working on the patch behind the scenes at least 2-3 weeks before release, then they got the patch out 5 days after, so in all, it took about a month for them to get the patch out.

Konami released PES with no awareness of issues at all, too busy collecting their pointless E3 awards, so by the time people had played the game enough, found issues, fed them, back, got passed on to Japan, and they prioritised, that was about a month after release, now they are working on the patch, which could be another month or two, hence the difference in how long it takes EA / Konami to patch the game.

Prime example of one publisher being proactive and the other ignorant.

bearwithit wrote:When is the patch coming? What is it going to address? does anyone have official information on this direct from Konami? All I see is personal opinion and Chinese whispers that is no use to man nor beast!

I mean EA released their patch a week after release so I have no idea why we are still waiting for this...if it's even coming. We all know it's going to be a boot and faces patch with the infamous in depth description of "game play changes" which basically mean nothings been done and let's hope placebo works.
Forced_Reps
Mascot
Mascot

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion