PES 2019 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 1)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2019 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 1)

Postby DESKPRO » Wed May 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Controversial!!

http://whatculture.com/gaming/fifa-19-10-things-ea-should-steal-from-pes?page=10

"The one major gameplay positive PES can boast over FIFA is that it avoids scripting controversy completely. Matches have a more realistic cut and thrust to them devoid of CPU meddling just to spice things up a little.

In EA's game, the CPU will always get a last-minute chance to equalise or nab the winner. That's just the way it is. Your players, no matter how good, are powerless to stop it from happening; the AI has decided it's getting a shot on goal, deal with it." :lol:

" Players shouldn't be punished by slowdown (enabling CPU defenders to catch up), and that's what happens in FIFA. It doesn't in PES.

Chances are that stats will make a difference to the top performers in Konami's franchise." :lol:
DESKPRO
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby bigol83 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:32 pm

This was true until few years ago, now script in Pes is the same as momentum in Fifa even if it's like a bit less evident.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby bigol83 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

RFC41GE wrote:For me

PES 1 - Great
PES 2 - Horrible up till 5 and 6 where it was good
PES 08 - Horrible up till 13 where it was half decent
PES 15 - 1st of this gen and brilliant, totally unexpected
PES 16/17 - Pathetic
PES 18 - Kinda playable

Hey, Pes 3 was awesome and the best Pes game together with Pes 5 on Ps2.
bigol83
First Team
First Team

Twitter: @bigol83

Postby DESKPRO » Wed May 16, 2018 7:36 pm

RFC41GE wrote:How can you say two steps forward one back then this

DESKPRO wrote:Previously it was the very bad goal keepers and then the over powered crossing.

How is that two steps forward?

Referring to each edition ; the over powered crossing was in PES2017 the really bad goal keeping was either in 2016 OR 2015
DESKPRO
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Mutuality-WSDEs » Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm

tosser wrote:
WarReady wrote:Am I the only one who thinks PES is moving in the right direction? I get it, it sucks that progress is so slow because Konami don't want to allocate more funds but year by year we have seen progress. Of course as you add new code you may unintentionally harm other aspects of the game. Overall, there is a reason why FIFA fans have started noticing PES more recently.

Not for me, PES18 is the biggest pile of shit for years in my opinion. My rankings:

PES 6 - first one I played, mostly splendid
PES 2007-11 - don't remember much but thought things generally moved in the right direction
PES 2012 - best one ever in my opinion. may be swayed by the stadium editor though.
PES 2013 - didn't buy as they pointlessly removed season mode
PES 2014 - abomination
PES 15-17 - see PES 7-11
PES 18 - slightly better than an abomination

I'm with you on this one:

2015 I didn't play much cos it was the end of the cycle - no complaints
2016 Best for me. Scripting was there but wasn't slapping me in the face.
2017 ruined by cross heading and script but I was able to bear it
2018 Unbearable. Toxic. Broken.
Mutuality-WSDEs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rach08 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 pm

elmickio wrote:Never played the Beta personally, as it was an online thing. In hindsight wish I tried it. Played the demo and that was awful with the cursor switching that we have today.

Sis the cursor switching work okay with the Beta?

In all honesty I can't explain just how good the online beta was. It makes me so sad. I literally couldn't fault anything. It was the best football game I have ever played. Going from that to pes 2018 full game was like someone taking away a 12oz sirloin steak with all the works and giving you a plate with a big dirty steaming walnut whip on it!
Neil Lennon This is not the end...this is just the beginning

Tommy Burns When you put on the Celtic jersey you’re not playing for a football team, you’re playing for a community and a cause

Xavier Hernández i Creus Celtic, like Barcelona, are more than a football club. Our clubs are a symbol of a culture and community that has not always been made welcome in their respective countries
Rach08
First Team
First Team

Postby bristow1984 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Haven't been here for ages but was intrigued to see what was being said about the 2019 reveal. Doesn't give much away but looks more of the same. It really needs to pull something out of the hat to get me back. I played 2018 for the least amount of time of all pea games, i am literally talking 1 week i still have the game in my bag as i was supposed to trade it in.

Fifa was also poor in my opinion. I feel like as fans we are being taken the piss out of neither game truly felt new and for £50 a pop i felt a bit robbed. I won't buy 2019 of either as i just don't play them enough however it would be great after a couple of year's to return and be wowed. Do you think that will happen?
bristow1984
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Ameobinho » Thu May 17, 2018 12:34 am

bristow1984 wrote:Haven't been here for ages but was intrigued to see what was being said about the 2019 reveal. Doesn't give much away but looks more of the same. It really needs to pull something out of the hat to get me back. I played 2018 for the least amount of time of all pea games, i am literally talking 1 week i still have the game in my bag as i was supposed to trade it in.

Fifa was also poor in my opinion. I feel like as fans we are being taken the piss out of neither game truly felt new and for £50 a pop i felt a bit robbed. I won't buy 2019 of either as i just don't play them enough however it would be great after a couple of year's to return and be wowed. Do you think that will happen?

Very unlikely for the following reasons:

- Licensing is too expensive, so no new fresh ideas would be able to stand a chance without paying millions for licenses.

- The online money element requires the game to be rigged so that the house always wins, As well as that the customer will always come back for more. Thus questionable game mechanics will always exist to effect the games outcome.

- Development cycle is too short and the priority is money spinning features, So any offline mode is ignored and keeps regressing year after year.A ML with no injuries,fouls or fatigue and the same players coming back as regens!

- The community can have no say as PR policies of EA and Konami are the equivalent of WWII propaganda, This also applies to reviews and you tubers that are mostly paid off to distort the game’s reality, Apparently it’s acceptable to blatantly lie and block your own fans nowadays.

- The real football world is boring and tedious due to money, Only 2 or 3 great teams winning everything and hogging all the good players, So when you play a football video game there are no talents or good teams like the days where you can pick Valencia,Parma,Lazio,River Plate,Inter Milan and find fantastic players!
Ameobinho
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby shangshen » Thu May 17, 2018 7:41 am

GOOD
shangshen

Postby Nik778899 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:21 am

Ameobinho wrote: the same players coming back as regens!

Still one of the most baffling things to me, completely and utterly ruins any sort of realism for youth development.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby makepesgreatagain » Thu May 17, 2018 9:34 am

pes 1-13 had so much fun on every one, 2,3,5,6 and 13 stand out as my favourites
pes 14-broken
pes 15-good game but scripting starts with introduction of online divisions
pes 16-loads of scripting,first time i become dissalusioned with pes
pes 17-scripting scripting scripting-no fun
pes 18-hardlyp layed online scripting so bad, play local multiplater every few weeks but that sometimes seems scripted too

basically pes used to be good, its now shit not due to nets or cpu ai or foot planting etc,thats for geeks. its shit cos its scripted and not fair and simply not exciting or enjoyable anymore
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby zeus0r » Thu May 17, 2018 11:59 am

Rach08 wrote:
elmickio wrote:Never played the Beta personally, as it was an online thing. In hindsight wish I tried it. Played the demo and that was awful with the cursor switching that we have today.

Sis the cursor switching work okay with the Beta?

In all honesty I can't explain just how good the online beta was. It makes me so sad. I literally couldn't fault anything. It was the best football game I have ever played. Going from that to pes 2018 full game was like someone taking away a 12oz sirloin steak with all the works and giving you a plate with a big dirty steaming walnut whip on it!

i feel the exact same way
bring back online beta gameplay and tone down backheel passes, it's the most unrealistic thing in PES ffs
zeus0r
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby vital » Thu May 17, 2018 12:09 pm

makepesgreatagain wrote:pes 1-13 had so much fun on every one, 2,3,5,6 and 13 stand out as my favourites
pes 14-broken
pes 15-good game but scripting starts with introduction of online divisions
pes 16-loads of scripting,first time i become dissalusioned with pes
pes 17-scripting scripting scripting-no fun
pes 18-hardlyp layed online scripting so bad, play local multiplater every few weeks but that sometimes seems scripted too

basically pes used to be good, its now shit not due to nets or cpu ai or foot planting etc,thats for geeks. its shit cos its scripted and not fair and simply not exciting or enjoyable anymore

I like the part where you spoke about scripting.
vital
Pundit
Pundit

Postby makepesgreatagain » Thu May 17, 2018 1:53 pm

lol well considering many on here who used to call me a sore loser and a liar now agree scripting is there i feel like i am the spokesperson against it lol
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby zeus0r » Thu May 17, 2018 2:39 pm

bring back online beta gameplay and tone down backheel passes, it's the most unrealistic thing in PES ffs
zeus0r
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Mutuality-WSDEs » Thu May 17, 2018 3:52 pm

danielrh wrote:
Clackamas wrote:Pretty good chance it'll still be in.

the community on a whole would like to see this taken out and give everyone a platform to have a fair match online, if Konami can do this they will be onto a winner.

all PES streamers that I have contact with would like to see addressed (so your not alone and you can count me in that as well) the football online needs to be close or match what we had for the PES2018 online beta the football during that small period was glorious online, so beautiful to play, the key thing about that was you were in control of your team the whole time win lose or draw it doesn't matter, players want to be in control of their teams so com'on Konami do not take control away from the players

probably my number one request and the main thing I will be fighting for, looking forward to seeing this addressed keep up the good work Konami Japan.

This was pretty honest and outspoken.

Did you get disciplined for it? Been called in for a training top up? I hope they don't take away your promo event invite.

Please answer my last post to you whenever Konami decide let you out to play again.
Mutuality-WSDEs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby danielrh » Thu May 17, 2018 4:08 pm

Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:
danielrh wrote:
Clackamas wrote:Pretty good chance it'll still be in.

the community on a whole would like to see this taken out and give everyone a platform to have a fair match online, if Konami can do this they will be onto a winner.

all PES streamers that I have contact with would like to see addressed (so your not alone and you can count me in that as well) the football online needs to be close or match what we had for the PES2018 online beta the football during that small period was glorious online, so beautiful to play, the key thing about that was you were in control of your team the whole time win lose or draw it doesn't matter, players want to be in control of their teams so com'on Konami do not take control away from the players

probably my number one request and the main thing I will be fighting for, looking forward to seeing this addressed keep up the good work Konami Japan.

Did you get disciplined for it? Been called in for a training top up? I hope they don't take away your promo event invite.

Please answer my last post to you whenever Konami decide let you out to play again.

:lol: :lol: I'm hoping for a fantastic football game like everyone else and I'm confident that Konami can do it.
why would I be disciplined you have the wrong end of the stick I am allowed to speak and give ideas, thoughts and opinions.
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website
https://pesleague.konami.net/2018/eu/en/

PES2019 is "the POWER of football"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby Mutuality-WSDEs » Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Back to on-message, political answers.... Oh dear. It looks like you were disciplined.

I hope they were gentle and that you shall still go to the ball.
Mutuality-WSDEs
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nik778899 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:08 pm

danielrh wrote:
Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:
danielrh wrote:

:lol: :lol: I'm hoping for a fantastic football game like everyone else and I'm confident that Konami can do it.
why would I be disciplined you have the wrong end of the stick I am allowed to speak and give ideas, thoughts and opinions.

Based on your post then, if the community as a whole has expressed their desire to remove scripting, would you agree that if scripting is in 2019, that they have completely ignored the wishes of the community as a whole? Interested to hear your answer on this one.
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby TJHUCKER » Thu May 17, 2018 7:27 pm

zeus0r wrote:Image

You should send that to Konami :lol:
" Hoping for a decent football game "

" FIFA has grown but needs coach mode "
TJHUCKER
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Gamertag: TJ HUCKER
PSN: TJHUCKER

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion