Who should receive PLAYER ID in PES 2013?

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Who should receive PLAYER ID in PES 2013?

Postby charliepes2013 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Wondering who everyone is hoping to see fully PLAYER ID'd in PES 2013. We know Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Kaka, Robben, Van Persie, Puyol, and apparently Terry but with 50-60 players being put into the game, and some being young new players, who is everyone hoping to see?

I personally would love to see Hazard replicated. Also, curious if Ronnie is one of the 50-60, Flamengo was in the demo but I don't know if he was completely unique. I love that you can see just how more in his youth and prime Ronaldo is than Ronaldinho in PES 2013, awesome!
charliepes2013
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Who should receive PLAYER ID in PES 2013?

Postby ShadyKnight » Thu May 31, 2012 10:04 pm

50-60 players? That's quite a lot to be fair.
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member

Postby _anderson » Thu May 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Agreed, 50 players pretty much include all the "star specific" moves the great majority of people know. As long as every other player doesn't look exactly the same.
_anderson
Manager
Manager

Postby Greenmachine » Thu May 31, 2012 10:30 pm

While I agree they can only do about 50, I would argue that there are 50 World Class players in the world today. If we are talking WC in the Pele Maradona mould, you would be struggling to name 6. World Class is used to much for most of the players called this today in TV sports coverage.

And while I agree 50 ID's would be about all they could cram in, with the time they have, they could have spread it around a bit. But with SKY coverage of the EPL and most TV coverage of football being Spain Italy Germany and to a lesser extent France, its players from these league that will get the PID treatment.

Even my own team Celtic have players that run different from others in the team, and a few that could be ID's young Forrest Wanyama and Izaguirre. But with default running shooting dribbling passing animations all the players in my team will be the exact same, when they are all different in some way.

Ok, they can only do so many, and 50 of the supposed Top Players get all the treatment, I think Konami may be missing a big selling point by doing this Player ID for at least 1 player in each team.
Greenmachine
First Team
First Team

Postby SammyGunner11 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 pm

Wasn't easy, but my guess would be (50):

Arsenal
Walcott, Van Persie

Chelsea
Torres, Mata, Lampard, Terry, Essien, Drogba

Liverpool
Andy Carroll, Gerrard

City
Adebayor, Tevez, Kun Aguero, Nasri, David Silva, Yaya, Balotelli

United
Rooney, Ashley Young, Nani

Spurs
Lennon, Bale

Stoke
Crouch

Bayern Munich
Ribery, Robben

Dortmund
Gotze

Barcelona
Messi, Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Dani Alves

Real Madrid
Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Ozil, Xabi Alonso, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Benzema

Inter
Lucio, Sneijder, Maicon, Diego Milito

Milan
Pato, Ibrahimovic

Napoli
Cavani

Juventus
Chiellini

Flamengo
Ronaldinho

Santos
Neymar

Many of the above don't even have unique playing styles, but I couldn't think of any other players :?
SammyGunner11
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: katsuo7171

Postby charliepes2013 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Greenmachine wrote:While I agree they can only do about 50, I would argue that there are 50 World Class players in the world today. If we are talking WC in the Pele Maradona mould, you would be struggling to name 6. World Class is used to much for most of the players called this today in TV sports coverage.

And while I agree 50 ID's would be about all they could cram in, with the time they have, they could have spread it around a bit. But with SKY coverage of the EPL and most TV coverage of football being Spain Italy Germany and to a lesser extent France, its players from these league that will get the PID treatment.

Even my own team Celtic have players that run different from others in the team, and a few that could be ID's young Forrest Wanyama and Izaguirre. But with default running shooting dribbling passing animations all the players in my team will be the exact same, when they are all different in some way.

Ok, they can only do so many, and 50 of the supposed Top Players get all the treatment, I think Konami may be missing a big selling point by doing this Player ID for at least 1 player in each team.

That's not completely true though. Even in PES 2012 a ton of the players feel completely unique, and that's without actually having PLAYER ID existing. I've been using Liverpool and comparing Gerrard to Suarez to Carroll, all are completely different. I will admit that I feel there is MORE variety overall per player in PES 5 and PES 6, but PES has been implementing individuality in players and teams since ISS64. I believe what PLAYER ID does is gives those players a completely new palette, it's not just varied animations but a lot of animations. For example, I could argue that PLAYER ID existed back in PES 5 or 6, I mean look at Henry and how he played, it was spot on. So while there will be 50 that get the full treatment (maybe greater than ever?) the rest of the players will still be very unique and fill out similar to PES 2012 or perhaps even more diverse a la PES 5 or PES 6. They won't all be generic at all. And I also think the TOP 50 will have a lot of younger guys too, and let's not rule out some Brazilian league players getting love because of the success of the COPA in PES 2012 and in South American sales. I also wonder if the Brazilian league will be included too.
charliepes2013
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby SammyGunner11 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Was reading through the discussion board and I can't believe I forgot Pirlo :o . Surely he should get the Player ID treatment
SammyGunner11
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: katsuo7171

Postby charliepes2013 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Pirlo for sure! You had some good choices
charliepes2013
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby _anderson » Thu May 31, 2012 11:42 pm

All that's left to know is the quality of those 50. How different and close to the true thing will they be. If "close enough" is the answer then Konami is indeed being groundbreaking here. If they can do 50 per year, in a couple of years we'll have more than 100!

Even more awesome would be new player ID's on DLC's.
_anderson
Manager
Manager

Postby kasperhansen92 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 pm

Those that you actually notice have a special style and flair in real life, that most of the other players dont do.

But the big thing here is, that the players who dont receive Player ID still needs to be very different, in all aspects.

If i know of a very small team who has a insanely strong player. I should be able to choose this team and see him use his strength. And the shooting, hopefully its every single player thats been affected by new shooting mechanics. In pes 12 if you are a smaller team with unknown players the shooting are crap. Compared to the shooting with stars that are just less crappy :).

But i guess thats what konami have thought when they said, or was it the press impressions ? that we can pick any team and still have a chance :mrgreen:
kasperhansen92
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby charliepes2013 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:57 pm

completely agree! either way, it sounds like Konami have fixed up the space issues I had with 2012 where the opponents (especially on Top Player) close in on you so fast it's ridiculous. It will be nice to have more space and time to really use these unique players. I think we're in for a good year with PES. And yeah, DLC if it works would be awesome. Could you imagine the classic players (one day) being in the game. Like having a virtual Roberto Baggio and Romario? down the road, if Konami keeps up the Player ID and it's really spot on, sky is the limit.
charliepes2013
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby charliepes2013 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:04 am

kasperhansen92 wrote:Those that you actually notice have a special style and flair in real life, that most of the other players dont do.

But the big thing here is, that the players who dont receive Player ID still needs to be very different, in all aspects.

If i know of a very small team who has a insanely strong player. I should be able to choose this team and see him use his strength. And the shooting, hopefully its every single player thats been affected by new shooting mechanics. In pes 12 if you are a smaller team with unknown players the shooting are crap. Compared to the shooting with stars that are just less crappy :).

But i guess thats what konami have thought when they said, or was it the press impressions ? that we can pick any team and still have a chance :mrgreen:

yeah, I remember that was the magic of PES 5 and PES 6, I could use any team and beat my opponent if "I" was good enough and played good enough. I miss those days. PES 2012 is great with solid teams but if you go with a crap team you really have too many handicaps to overcome, via the system in place. Again, if PES 2013 can make it so you're totally in control and it's just about your skill level, I'd really love to see that again. Even playing PES 5 now, that is what stands out most to me, nothing takes me out of the game, it's always a clean challenge and it never feels like I'm being cheated by the engine.
charliepes2013
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Jeronimoe » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:31 am

This my updated list

Ribery
Messi
Ronaldo
Van Persie
Robben
Xavi
Ineista
Drogba
Rhonaldhino
Neymar
Terry(defensive stuff we already had new of his trout move)
Puyol(defensive stuff) I am guessing the way he harries an opponent
Ibrah the magnificent nose
Robino(his stepovers especially)
Rooney(his shot)
Kun Aguero
Maybe Balotelli (his dribbling and poise or cockiness on the ball...lol)
Yaya Toure(his stride going forward on breaks, he has really long strides, 4 strides and he is up the pitch)
Dani Alvez
Schweinsteiger (turns)
Kaka
Pirlo
Lampard
Hazard
Jeronimoe
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Jeronimoe » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:34 am

SammyGunner11 wrote:Wasn't easy, but my guess would be (50):

Arsenal
Walcott, Van Persie

Chelsea
Torres, Mata, Lampard, Terry, Essien, Drogba

Liverpool
Andy Carroll, Gerrard

City
Adebayor, Tevez, Kun Aguero, Nasri, David Silva, Yaya, Balotelli

United
Rooney, Ashley Young, Nani

Spurs
Lennon, Bale

Stoke
Crouch

Bayern Munich
Ribery, Robben

Dortmund
Gotze

Barcelona
Messi, Cesc, Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Dani Alves

Real Madrid
Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Ozil, Xabi Alonso, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Benzema

Inter
Lucio, Sneijder, Maicon, Diego Milito

Milan
Pato, Ibrahimovic

Napoli
Cavani

Juventus
Chiellini

Flamengo
Ronaldinho

Santos
Neymar

Many of the above don't even have unique playing styles, but I couldn't think of any other players :?

that pretty much look like it!
Jeronimoe
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Silverstone » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:24 am

All these lads should receive player ID :)

Joe Hart
Robert Green
Jack Butland
Leighton Baines
Gary Cahill
Ashley Cole
Glen Johnson
Phil Jones
Joleon Lescott
John Terry
Phil Jagielka
Stewart Downing
Steven Gerrard
Frank Lampard
James Milner
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
Scott Parker
Theo Walcott
Ashley Young
Andy Carroll
Jermain Defoe
Wayne Rooney
Danny Welbeck
Silverstone
International
International

Postby Colorado » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 am

Regarding brazilian clubs

Internacional - D'Alessandro for sure and MAYBE Leandro Damião or Guiñazú
Vasco - MAYBE Juninho
Flamengo - for sure Ronaldinho (but he left Flamengo today)
Fluminense - MAYBE Deco or Fred
Santos - Neymar and Ganso

Rest of South America

River Plate - maybe Trezeguet
Boca Juniors - Riquelme!
Nacional Uruguay - Recoba
Colorado

Twitter: @seu_donato

Postby DubVader » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:14 am

The man that is the ginger prince, the auburn haired maestro .... Paul Scholes, would look so cool in player ID wih his trademark syle of passing and errrrm tackilng..

Berbatovs languid style would look pretty sweet too 8-)
When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
Ron Atkinson - 'When Scholes gets it [tackling] wrong, they come in so late that they arrive yesterday'
'You can see the ball go past them, or the man, but you'll never see both man and ball go past at the same time. So if the ball goes past, the man won't, or if the man goes past they'll take the ball.'
DubVader
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PSN: RichShortee81

Postby twobobpeeters » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:05 am

Vorlander's crunching tackle
Cellini's beautiful hollywood pass from deep.
Burchet's turn and burst of electric pace
Njorgo's hulk smash
Miranda's Jonny Wilkinsonesque freekick routine

that's how i imagine it when i play anyway
nitimur in vetitum
twobobpeeters
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PSN: ookieusm
Twitter: mowlds

Postby Adam » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 am

Probably worth doing lists that incorporate confirmed players that have player ID.

So, for e.g. (confirmed in bold)

Ronaldo (all motions)
Messi (movement animation & behaviour)
Neymar (dangle foot over the ball)
Terry (diving torpedo)
Ribery (unique 360 spin technique)
Robben (running style)
Kaka (running style)
Iniesta (tight dribbling)
Xavi (180 degrees R2 turn)

That way this thread could serve more than one purpose.
Adam
Board Member
Board Member

PSN: ADU-SAN

Postby danielrh » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:22 am

I say good start and good move, the time has come for us to have really deep edit mode so we can edit more players by adding running styles etc etc (this is one area I hope Konami add to next year)
As for now they need to keep this database of information and start adding to it by adding more players ID for the next PES game
PES Rankings Official Event Admin

http://www.pesrankings.com - http://www.pesfan.com

"Often copied ..... NEVER EQUALED"
danielrh
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Next

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion