Podcast 055 - Thumbs Twiddling

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: Podcast 055 - Thumbs Twiddling

Postby iboshow » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Adam wrote:
iboshow wrote:when will you guys get your first taste of pes2010

Sooner than last year.

Thats good to hear, though you guys can't say anything till lepzieg is that true.
GALATASARAY 1905
iboshow
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: IB0SHOW
Twitter: @ibosh0w

Postby Adam » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:51 pm

iboshow wrote:
Adam wrote:
iboshow wrote:when will you guys get your first taste of pes2010

Sooner than last year.

Thats good to hear, though you guys can't say anything till lepzieg is that true.

No, sooner than Cologne. Mainly as there will be loads of news coming from Konami before then.

Sorry for being very vague, I know it can be annoying sometimes.
Adam
Board Member
Board Member

PSN: ADU-SAN

Postby Alolo91 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:01 pm

I just want a screenshot of the game. :D :D
Alolo91
First Team
First Team

Postby The_Knight » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Alolo91 wrote:I just want a screenshot of the game. :D :D

From the analysis of the background of Suff's screenshot playing FIFA10.... I can see the pitch's green is as vibrant as ever.... which puts Konami's washed out color palette in a bit of a tight spot.

It's next-gen, I don't have to download turf patches to get vibrant grass..... Hopefully the first tele cam PES2010 screenshot will show they fixed that, although from the looks of the Messi shot, the washed down (slightly desaturated) colors seem to be still there.

In a way, the desaturated palette gives a bit of "authenticity" to the look of the game... KONAMI likes to use that a lot, esp if you take a look at MGS4 and Silent Hill.... other games too like Resident Evil and FC2 use that... But at the end of the day, I found that downloading more vibrant jerseys and grass turfs makes the game look a whole lot better.
The_Knight
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby PortsmouthCity » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:04 pm

^^^^^^^^Suff's picture of Fifa 2010?.......where?........
Pes 2015, finally
PortsmouthCity
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Gari14 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:09 pm

PortsmouthCity wrote:^^^^^^^^Suff's picture of Fifa 2010?.......where?........

Not a picture as such, but just Suff and Peter Moore playing Fifa 10 and in the background, you can see a couple of tv's with Fifa playing on them. Its on the main page of FSB mate.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | NGB by buying from:
Help us by buying your games at hmv.com| iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Gari14
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Gari14
PSN: Gari14
Twitter: @gariclark

Postby nani17 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:25 pm

It's a nice picture someone even made the picture even zoom in on the background :D
nani17
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Vidic17
PSN: Vidic17
Twitter: @nani17t

Postby PortsmouthCity » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:29 pm

I thought the camera would be roughly 3 meters away, not 20 lol
Pes 2015, finally
PortsmouthCity
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Adam » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:08 am

The_Knight wrote:
Alolo91 wrote:I just want a screenshot of the game. :D :D

From the analysis of the background of Suff's screenshot playing FIFA10.... I can see the pitch's green is as vibrant as ever.... which puts Konami's washed out color palette in a bit of a tight spot.

It's next-gen, I don't have to download turf patches to get vibrant grass..... Hopefully the first tele cam PES2010 screenshot will show they fixed that, although from the looks of the Messi shot, the washed down (slightly desaturated) colors seem to be still there.

In a way, the desaturated palette gives a bit of "authenticity" to the look of the game... KONAMI likes to use that a lot, esp if you take a look at MGS4 and Silent Hill.... other games too like Resident Evil and FC2 use that... But at the end of the day, I found that downloading more vibrant jerseys and grass turfs makes the game look a whole lot better.

Yeh I have to agree. FIFA 09 does look vibrant and alive, it's a joy to watch. We'll have to see what PES 2010 will go for, but I predict it will follow the philosophy of old.
Adam
Board Member
Board Member

Postby Heero » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:59 am

Adam wrote:
The_Knight wrote:
Dude I'm the editor of both sites, for sure I know a hell of a lot about FIFA 10 ;)

Obviously I can't go into it, but there are elements of FIFA 10 that are simple tweaks (the obvious stuff they got right in FIFA 09), but those who predict a simply evolution from EA will be pleasantly surprised.

Like said before, Konami have their work cut out this year, as I feel EA are going for the jugular.

Adam do you know if Fifa10 will be released as current Gen game for the PC this year? Last year I believed it was a port of the PS2 version which I didn't bother to try on the PC.

Strictly PC player here. Sorry if that was abit cheeky to ask in a Pes forum, but I'm hardcore PES guy anyway I even got Pes2008 and Pes2009, all the way back to Pro evo 3. Pes2009 I think is abit underated, I still play it almost daily but the online game is completely messed up, I haven't touched that mode since I had it for Xmas.

I wouldn't mind tryin an alternative this year. Still gona get PES2010 but I like to try out the competition from EA as I've missed out on Fifa 08 and 09.
Heero

Postby jubalc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:04 am

There is a new Fifa 10podcast out on the sister site..

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fsb-2009 ... it-inside/
jubalc
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: jaffa mad
PSN: jaffa-mad
Twitter: Jubalc

Postby bigol » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:53 am

What's going on?

Still no blog....
Newest Pes news website and forum for Italian people
http://www.peslab.it

Originally wrote by pando
Anyway, "haters" or the ones who love to point out the flaws and say "it's not good this way, would'nt it be better to do it like this?" are the ones who keep the community alive and show still faith in PES, still talking about how to improve it. Not just to bash it. Blind love or faith for the game will not bring it back to its old glory. Positive critics and suggestions, as much as we can, is what can help Konami and the series right now.
bigol
International
International

Postby Adam » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Heero wrote:
Adam do you know if Fifa10 will be released as current Gen game for the PC this year? Last year I believed it was a port of the PS2 version which I didn't bother to try on the PC.

Strictly PC player here. Sorry if that was abit cheeky to ask in a Pes forum, but I'm hardcore PES guy anyway I even got Pes2008 and Pes2009, all the way back to Pro evo 3. Pes2009 I think is abit underated, I still play it almost daily but the online game is completely messed up, I haven't touched that mode since I had it for Xmas.

I wouldn't mind tryin an alternative this year. Still gona get PES2010 but I like to try out the competition from EA as I've missed out on Fifa 08 and 09.

I highly doubt FIFA 10 is nextgen on PC. Main reason is it wasn't at the event, and at the event they never mentioned it.
Adam
Board Member
Board Member

Postby medley » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:00 pm

They should discontinue work on the PC version if they aren't going to push it forward to a modern day game. The last fifa on the PC was a joke and I definitely won't be buying the next one
medley
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The_Knight » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:05 pm

Adam wrote:I highly doubt FIFA 10 is nextgen on PC. Main reason is it wasn't at the event, and at the event they never mentioned it.

Now that would be extremely, extremely disappointing. To have a team as big as EA fail to produce a next-gen FIFA title on the most powerful gaming machine out there.
The_Knight
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby iboshow » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:12 pm

they only concentrate on ps3 and xbox 360
GALATASARAY 1905
iboshow
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: IB0SHOW
Twitter: @ibosh0w

Postby Heero » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Adam wrote:
Heero wrote:

I highly doubt FIFA 10 is nextgen on PC. Main reason is it wasn't at the event, and at the event they never mentioned it.

Ok cool Adam, thanx. I guess I will have to stick with Pes again this year. Think we should give props to Konami for releasing PC versions year after year as they have a much smaller team of dev compared to EA. Shame on EA for giving us crummy PC versions. I agree with Medley, why EA even bother to release a PC game if it's last gen.
Heero

Previous

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion